Tyre/Tire sizes on Canyon Aeroad 2015 8.0 Di2 Reynolds wheel

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

labracing

by labracing

Hi, I recently received my Canyon Aeroad model 2015 with Reynolds wheels, I have a 23mm tyre/tires on the front and 25mm on the back! I thought they came with 25mm both front and rear, after all the Reynolds Strike SLG is a somewhat wider rim.. Can someone please confirm what their bike came supplied with? I wanted to cancel my order after initially ordering in Feb 2015 with March delivery, but I used the Canyons online sizing program and the frame was too unfortunately too small. I drove a 1300 km round trip to pick it up and I cannot recall or noticing the different tyre sized tyres/tires which I immediately noticed on my new bike, I did ask Canyon but I want confirmation from another owner as my bike was I believe rushed together, see the continuing text..

I re-ordered the same day in the Factory shop with early May delivery, then there was a 5 weeks further delay, as that deadline also passed and I had heard nothing from Canyon I said OK I cancel, after all the 2016 models will be introduced in what 7-8 weeks time at Eurobike, but after telephoning they must have rushed up a bike somehow and eventually 6 weeks and 3 days after the planned termin (They ignored my email stating that I cancel the order and the reason why) I got my bike, but with different sized tyres and not the cassette 12-15 which I also pre-ordered, sold out I was told, well please order one from Shimano?? Anyhow my girlfriend signed for the bike from the postman and I had to have look at it!

Have ridden it once and well can't give it back now! Most impressive bike, the aero effect is certainly noticeable and smooths out the bums almost like a bike with suspension, no annoying vibrations on changing worn out tarmac etc also..

I find it annoying that Canyon decided this year to go the 52-36T route on the cranks and offer no other options, I like compact and now have to buy a new crank (separate chain wheels virtually the same price) it's annoying, particularly when what I consider to be an expensive bike, their argument is that by pedaling you cover more ground per revolution, some what 2.3 meters (don't quote me on that!) OK but when you don't have the fitness and I am quite fit.. Then it does not help! Also the terrain I ride my chain suffers as I'm in the lowers gears at the rear and on the big cog up front.. Compact 50-34 T option please, I did explain myself to a member of Canyon staff but I believe my words fell on deaf ears! They ask you for your thoughts and want you to fill out forms at their factory showroom, perhaps next year it will change?

Anyhow great bike, should now go riding now and not boring you all.. Thx

hasbeen

by hasbeen

I wanna see it! Seems like there are a lot of stories like yours.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Interesting? Long story no pics...

sawyer

by sawyer

The Canyon business model isn't really meant for you

I suggest going to shop where you can get advice.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

Mine came with 23mm front and a 25mm rear tire as well, so there's nothing unusual about the spec. But I ordered my bike with a 410/120mm H11 bar/stem combo and received the stock 410/100, eventhough I paid to have it changed. To top that off, my bike came with a defective seatpost. The danish Canyon agent was kind enough to loan me a replacement seatpost from a testbike, while I wait for a replacement. That was 2 months ago. I still havent received the correct handlebars or a new seatpost!! I was so fed up the piss poor service, that I sold the bike a few days ago. It took me a mere 10 hours to sell (thanks to Canyon's endless delays on new orders).

labracing

by labracing

Many thanks Ravnsnaes for your response.. I've actually fitted 25mm Veloflex Corsa tyres now both front and back, I had no problems fitting them, they went on by hand with no hassle. I think Canyon say that a 23mm front is more aerodynamic! But it's a wider rim and I wanted to have a tyre that is the same width, possibly this protects the rim in extreme cases i.e. hitting objects.. I'm not sure about the go to a bike shop theory as the shops I have been too would sell me anything just to jet rid of a bike, I am small 1.66m and often fall onto a bike fit where I can take one of two frame sizes, so I guess it is a case of what feels better. Not sure how to post pictures on here?

sawyer

by sawyer

HI

I'll change my advice to go to a bike shop where they won't sell you anything just to jet rid of it

They are out there, and will be very helpful
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

labracing

by labracing

Thx:)

mann2

by mann2

In canyons site. It says they supply it with the 23s for the front and 25s for the rear.

weebill

by weebill

Hi, anyone tried 28mm tyres on the Aeroad, Simon on GCN had them and I'd like to try them, just interested if anyone has tried

Racer7

by Racer7

weebill wrote:Hi, anyone tried 28mm tyres on the Aeroad, Simon on GCN had them and I'd like to try them, just interested if anyone has tried

Yes, (in my opinion) they are too wide... I come back to 25mm...
~NEVER GIVE UP~

weebill

by weebill

thanks, I might try it but i reckon you are correct :-D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com