First TT bike.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

This has been a budget build. Sorry i did not weight individual parts much.

An 80 year year old club member bought this frame from cielo rosso in essex. However Terry decided he couldnnomlonger adopt the position this hike demands. So i bought it. He had cabled it up fitted trp brake and carbon levers and campagnolo 10 speed bar end shifters.

I raided my parts bin for a shimano un72 bb a shkmano rx100 chainset rx100 front and rear mechs. I have fitted an 8 speed cassette and this shimergo setup works perfectly.

The wheels use 88mm deep cwrbon tubular rims that weigh 500g each. The hubs are shkmano durace 7700 12H. I did nt even know theybwere made until i came across them at a us distributor. Laced 1x on the rear with sapim cx ray spoke and continental gp4000 sr tubs have been fitted. The rear wheel bare weighed 864g and the front i forget. I know the front wheel with the tub glued on weighs 972g.

The whole bike weighs 9.3kg and that with heavy 430g shimano 1055 pedal. So quite light for a tt bike but i have tried not to comprimise on aerodynamics. I think i have spent less than £1000 on this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MiloAS

by MiloAS

That's really, really nice.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It rides great shame the first tt today was a little spoilt by of the guys attending to the supplied turbos at the event coming over when i got of to take my bike out and put my qr back in. I didnt check what he did silly me and rode the tt course witht the rear brake on as the wheel moved. Qr done up quite loose. Lesson learnt there dont accept offered help. Sad world isnt it. Still another one on thursday. The problem with this bike it really doesn't allow excuses normally. If times are bad it because the rider is a bit rubbish at tt's.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

That's a nice looking TT bike. Love the shapes on it - especially the fork.

bencolem

by bencolem

Looks like it would have been pretty hardcore for an 80yr old. Props to him for trying!

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Looks good Malcolm :thumbup:

How was Peterborough??
Official cafe stop tester

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Nice machine, and so cheap!
Ride it like you stole it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓