by CH4K1

Fantastic whit this ffwd ! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

I like your bike, good job! I also have one of these re-badged as a Viner bought through Planet X - probably the closest the frame got to Italy was on the flight over from China to Sheffield!! Anyhow I' pretty happy with the bike but rattling internal cables are driving me crazy. Do you have the same problem with your frame? Ta
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

SkippiTT

by SkippiTT

Liam, I haven't ridden it a lot, but sometimes when going over really rough/bumpy roads there is some rattling.

Had another race this weekend, unfortunately in the last 4km my chain got off on the front due to some terrible shifting from my part/rear derailleur not getting to the smallest cog (stupid mistake, put a new cable in a couple of days before and hadn't tested it properly due to the frictionshifting..). Probably lost second place because of this, legs locked up immediately, now got 4th with 44,8km/h over 28,6km

Anyways, picture of me in full flight. Will probably make some changes this winter to my position, more to what it was before on the BMC, more drop, slightly less reach, arms closer together.

Updates that I want to do for next season:
Build own discwheel (moulds are ready, still to order some carbon)
New saddle
Different frontwheel (probably tubeless 25mm 88mm)
New handlebar
Paintjob (all gloss black)
crankcover

SkippiTT

by SkippiTT

Finally some small updates. I got some carbon in last week, so in the coming weeks will be building some stuff!

Updates for now:
- Went back to the original carbon extensions instead of Zipp skibends. : -40grams (+/-)

- Put some tidds in : -12grams

- Dropped the stack height 4 centimeters : -88 grams

- New front wheel - Carbonzone clincher 86mm, 27mm wide. CN aerospokes, novatec hub. Contintental Force tire, latex innertube : +257grams

And finally got the moulds for the rear wheel cover at my place. Shown only one, they are DS and NDS specific.

For now I'm riding around without the rear brake because I couldn't be bothered yet. Roads around here are perfectly flat, and I have to brake maybe 10 times on my normal trainingroute..

So for now the weight is just under 8kg, 7891grams. I will post the build list when the discwheel is finished (hopefully in 2 weeks time).

Rear tub not shown in this picture.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Cool, looking very fast and low!

Fast looking suit too, is it Bioracer?
Ride it like you stole it

Grinley

by Grinley

That looks really nice. What made you switch away from the 4-spoke wheel?

I will be very interested to see how your disk comes out. That sounds like a great project.

SkippiTT

by SkippiTT

It is indeed a Bioracer (the non-bespoke one).

A couple of things made me switch. I wanted a wheelset suitable for road racing, the 4-spoke was very twitchy in cross winds, and I wanted to run clinchers again.

Next updatehopefully after the weekend!

SkippiTT

by SkippiTT

In heavy crosswinds I had some problems controlling the bike due to the stacked hands position, so I build some armpads with higher sides.

Original pads were 90 grams (padholders + pads). The new one is 55grams for both the holders and pads. It's also very stiff, so could have been built even lighter.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Rate the armpads.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk

safcstuie

by safcstuie

I've got one of these to build over the winter, what cables are you running and any tips for fitting them?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Awesome work skippi.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SkippiTT

by SkippiTT

So it has been a while since I visited this forum. Only have one update for now.

@sacstuie: Just you're regular jagwire cables. I don't remember how I cabled it, I think I just put the inner cable inside the frame (near the stem) and pushed it through, guide it a bit with your hands near the bottombracket, and pull it out near the rear. Note that I still don't run a rear brake or front derailleur, so that's alot easier to route.. And for the rear derailleur, pull of the little "guide" at the end of the chainstay. Put it back on when the whole cable is through.

For the update:
Quite some time ago I finished my discwheel, and it is still holding up very well! Less noise than the first generation of FLO discs, and a lot lighter. The drive side unfortunately came out quite bad (not smooth enough of a mold), but the NDSside is a lot better!

I forgot to write everything down, but each side came out at about 100grams. So in total it is a (sub) 900gram discwheel!

And two action shots.
2-up with a friend
And a TT

SkippiTT

by SkippiTT

Santa came early this year. I bought some new stuff to be installed next week, when I receive a new brake.

I bought a new fork, handlebar and stem. Because of a couple of reasons. Firstly, I hate the non adjustability of the TRP brakes, really annoying when you've got 20mm trainingwheels and 25-26mm racewheels. That meant last season they were adjusted for my racewheels, and although I've got an inline brake cable adjuster, it didn't change enough for me to use the trainingwheels.. Secondly, I want to play some more with my position, a bit more stretched out. Tried it on my current pads (elbows on front edge) and it felt way more comfortable!

So to start I've got a FSA SL-K -20 Drop stem. It has a small stackheight of 28mm, so hopefully it fits the frame perfectly! It is the 120mm length, so adds around 40-45mm to my current setup. It weighs 194grams.

Next up is the new fork. Planet-X had a sale, so I picked up a Planet-X Stealth Pro fork for only 40 euros! It colors clashes with the frame, so I have to figure out what to do with it.
I was surprised by the weight, it was advertised as 450grams (maybe older model?), but mine came in at 395grams! I cut of 5cm of the tube and weighed it, when cut to the final length, it will probably weigh around 340 grams!

And the final new piece for now, is a brand new Pro Missile Evo. Picked it up on sale for only 200euros, so I got a great deal!
It will also allow me to play a lot with the exact reach and stack, it came with 4cm of spacers per side.

Basic setup, with only a 5mm spacer underneath the extensions, not final weight. Misses the armcups and pads, I will use the ones I made, perhaps make them again, but narrower (arms touching) and with less foam (2mm instead of 6mm)

Tested the new parts with each other. Cable exitpoints of the Missile Evo will be a little lower than the very wide stem, so that should be perfect!

Total weight savings for now:
Fork: around 170grams
Stem: 92grams
Handlebar: 79grams

Next update: install the new parts

RazorL

by RazorL

Hey Skippi, did you already sell your other steer?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com