BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

My Dogma F8
53cm Pinarello F8
Campagnolo Record
Enve SES Aero bar
Enve 120mm Stem
Sella SMP Full Carbon saddle
Custom wheels built in 1K carbon/carbon 60mm hoops x 23 on R36 carbon aluminum hubs that sound like pissed off bees
Conti GP 4000s II 23 x 700
Arundel Mandible bottle cages
Arundel Gecko Grip bar tape
Look Keo Classic pedals
48gr/pair Ti Skewers
14.8lbs or 6.7gr

The A1A in Delray Beach

Cheers!
Last edited by BlackMadone on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zak

by Zak

Nice bike :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

This doesn't seem genuine to me? But I may be wrong.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

dudemanppl wrote:This doesn't seem genuine to me? But I may be wrong.

What do you mean?

Zak wrote:Nice bike :beerchug:

Thanks, I'm really having fun with it!

Multebear

by Multebear

Nice frame, wheels and groupset. Steerer needs cutting. I'm a bit curious about that saddle. How do you like it?

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Multebear wrote:Nice frame, wheels and groupset. Steerer needs cutting. I'm a bit curious about that saddle. How do you like it?

Its actually just as comfortable as my SMP Lite 209 if not more. I did 40 miles today and I feel fresh.

plasticol

by plasticol

Nice bike. Just ugly saddle.

DcGrady

by DcGrady

woow
Nice!!!

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

BlackMadone wrote:

What do you mean?

That would mean a Chinarello F8ke

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:
BlackMadone wrote:

What do you mean?

That would mean a Chinarello F8ke

Um ok lol!

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

DcGrady wrote:woow
Nice!!!

Thanks! :thumbup:

plasticol wrote:Nice bike. Just ugly saddle.

I know Selle SMP's are popular around here but after riding the Lite 209 for a couple of years I really like them. I went on a 40 mile ride yesterday and I'm fresh as a daisy.

kgt

by kgt

I like the fast and furious look!

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

kgt wrote:I like the fast and furious look!

In South Florida we are just about perfectly flat so most people ride 60's minimum but you'll see a lot of people on 88 also!

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I've now had 3 decent rides on my F8 and they are incredible bikes. My Madone is very much a GranFondo machine and my F8 is a purebred racer. It does every quicker accelerates, steers, and brakes. You look at a corner and you are there so you have to be ready... When stomping out of the saddle I went a little too deep and almost dropped it twice so I haven't been able to do a Vmax run until I'm more use to the handling. I easily maintain velocities I could only touch before or I needed to be in a group. Where I'm an -A rider on my Madone I'm a solid A to +A on the F8.

It is stiff... very stiff, but not uncomfortable. When accelerating from the saddle I have to use less effort to gain more speed and then I'm able to maintain the higher cadence and velocity for longer periods. Normal road bumps and dips are handled well and quickly forgotten about and crossing railroad tracks creates no major jarring effects. You do feel the road surface more and its highly communicative like its reading braille. Always keeps letting you know what the road conditions are... I have not gotten the rear triangle to twist. Even though I have not done a Vmax sprint yet I don't think there is going to any noticeable deflection.

I guess I have to chalk up the extra speed to the aero... I don't have a lot of experience with aero bike but I know what it feels like to get a pull from a rider in front of you and it feels something like that. Crosswinds are no bother at all even with the deep rimmed wheels. Florida is always windy and the days I went out we had up to 20 mph crosswinds and I never felt like I was being blown off my line. I never felt like I was even compensating for the wind... The wheels are great too in the respect because I felt blown all over the place with my Mavics. I had a set of Roval Rapide CLX 60's and they were better than the Mavics but can't come close these. Interesting though because these are skinny flat sided wheels like the Campag Bora Ultra's instead of the rounder toradol shape of Zipp etc...

The Powerway R36 hubs are very nice. They have ceramic bearings and they spin forever, also they sound great too. Nice and loud so everyone around me know there's a fast road bike coming. I consider this a safety thing where drivers and pedestrians are more likely to look up from their iPhones when they hear you. I also think the red on the hubs goes great with the paint work.

The paint work on the frame is very nice. The gloss clear is very good. I like the way the carbon material fades in and out rather than having bare or cleared carbon... It just looks nice. But I think Trek has some of the best quality paint in the business and when you run your finger over the Trek there are no edges and on some areas of the Pina there are but I knew this going in. Also the paint on my Trek still looks near new so we'll see how the F8 holds up over the years. The F8's initial quality is better than Cipollini which isn't that great. I still want a RB0.80k in Orange Fluo though.

Campagnolo Record is fantastic! It's been a little finicky getting it dialed in but now it's great. Its also beautiful, I'm a carbon fanatic and there's plenty of carbon to stare at. The cables might stretch a little more but that's why I bought a maintenance bike stand and I'm getting to know the system while playing with it.

Finally my very fit wife is going to be upset that she has a harder time keeping up with me and it's all because of the new bike. Not to worry though, after my pockets recover from building this one I'm going to build her a F8, Cipo, Colnago C60, or whatever...

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com