Macini Road Classic

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Hoffy

by Hoffy

Hi everyone,
I am a 17 year old cyclist from South Australia. I was kn the market for a new frame, and was lucky enough for my brother and I to receive a deal on both road and our track bikes. We spoke to Brad for Macini bikes and he has really helped us out. He resurrected the Macini name a couple years ago, great South Aussie brand. Anyway, the bike is a Macini Road Classic. Didnt get the chance to weigh the frameset, but the complete bike comes in at 7.00kg on the dot. Not bad for a large frame. Rides beautifully, smooth over the terrible roads we have in country SA. Love the paintjob aswell. On the website it seemed the red was dull but was actually a metallic red.

Hoffy

by Hoffy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Nice bike! :beerchug:
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

Roel W

by Roel W

What chainrings are you riding? Seems like the outer ring is 34.

MiloAS

by MiloAS

Is the chainring on there for junior gearing? I'm 17 myself and just about to put a bike together. I was planning on adjusting the limit screws on my rear derailleur - i've been told that's fine if the organisers are lax.

Hoffy

by Hoffy

I am running a 41 tooth chain ring and a 11 max on the back. For our state and national championships we are nott allowed to block out gears using the limits so have to use a small chainring to reach the ratios. I think most events the officials dont mind but in Australia it is only really state and national events when they get a bit funny about it.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Hi Hoffy
Welcome to WW - nice to see a Macini from the home city - not a common brand and by memory the first I have seen here. I know a rider with one - they look to be well made and very nicely finished.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

Hoffy

by Hoffy

Yes dadoflam08, as a you said i was very surprised with the build and paint quality of this frame set, the colours look amazing in the sun. As you said, not a common brand but i do hope more people in Australia can catch on to this and get themselves a really nice bike.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Congrats on your new frame :)

P.S. I won't be able to race states with you, but good luck :thumbup: . Let us know how you go.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Hoffy

by Hoffy

Thanks Istigatrice, I sure will let you know. Its in Clare this year so closer to my town but still a longish drive haha!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com