Best of Weight Weenies

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

prebsy

by prebsy

That Klein is absolutely stunning, they don't paint 'em like they used to! Speaking of paint, where is that candy apple red Parlee?

JackWalk

by JackWalk

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:I don't mean it does not ride. But when weight comes before function as much as the Cervelo posted by RyanH above... yeah I know it's WW but whatever

Isnt that a scott addict and not a cervelo?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

^

I'll take my 8.5kg modern steel bike over this anyday

xena
Banned

by xena

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:I don't mean it does not ride. But when weight comes before function as much as the Cervelo posted by RyanH above... yeah I know it's WW but whatever

Do you mean the shifters on the Cervelo? I prefer paddle for rear shifting [front don't matter to me] but Donald races with both downtube shifters on his Rue. I understand your point I think. If I was racing I would swap out my ax brakes but that would be about the only change.

cheers
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Downtube shifters is functionning fine, they look good on a retro bike or a gravel bike (except when you have to drop your hand off the bars in bumpy roads sometimes)

I think this bike is giving up too much in ergonomy but what do I know, I'm not the owner! These brake levers set up on those bars... I would not want to have to hit the brakes in emergency

I start to dislike a bike when the reasoning can be "it doesn't fit but it's light so let's go"

I hope it's just a temporary setup, for the show, for the scale picture but couple days later you end up rebuilding the bike with optimal functionning and ergo

RyanH

by RyanH

As I said in my OP, we don't have to limit the thread to the lightest of WW, but I started with some of the more tuned builds since it exemplified what this forum was all about. I say "was" because as of late, very few people bother to tune anything and stick to items that can be purchased off the shelf.

Some of these builds may not be your cup of tea, and I agree, some look downright ugly, but it's the effort and care that went into these to get the bikes that light.

When I have some free time, I was going to find some of the exceptional tuning efforts (like weeracers pedals and some 10Xg rear derailleurs) to put in this thread too. And yes, Berk does belong in here of course, but I haven't found the right thing to link to since he hasn't done a full blown WW build. I was hoping to find the Schmolke Seat combo he did.

BmanX

by BmanX

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote: I'll take my 8.5kg modern steel bike over this anyday

Why is your modern steel so heavy. This modern steel beauty is 6040g as seen in the picture. That is 2.5 kg lighter. I can go a lot lighter if I wanted with this build but it is rock solid.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I was not saying in the sense of steel doesn't have to be light :)

This is my rig. Btw it might even weigh 9+ kilos after thinking twice.

Btw i love Rob's work. Especially his TT bikes!

BmanX

by BmanX

I was just teasing. I love Rob's work and feel very honoured to have one of his creations. This bike is amazing to ride.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

xena
Banned

by xena

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez ,that's a sweet bike. :thumbup:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

RyanH

by RyanH

bmanx, what, one bike featured in this thread wasn't enough? Sheesh, some people :lol:

kfreytag

by kfreytag

Okay, somebody asked about that "Candy Apple Red Parlee", so I guess I can post this even though it belongs to me.

Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

coppercook62

by coppercook62

I like LionelB's Crumpton

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

RyanH wrote:When I have some free time, I was going to find some of the exceptional tuning efforts (like weeracers pedals and some 10Xg rear derailleurs) to put in this thread too.

I've had those rebuilt and replaced the bowtie spacers with carbon by theremery and put new ti end bolts and black anodised ti bowtie bolts. They are sitting at 130gms so a slight increase. Yet to mount them though sorry.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Don't forget to post weights, this isn't Poserweenies ;)