by jumbo505

way to go man

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euph

by euph

I made a quick spreadsheet of all the components on my bike. A lot of this is from manufacture listed weights so is likely very wrong. That is why I have the "confirmed" column. I don't really want to dismantle the bike just to find them out but I will when I next get a chance. It would great if someone would be able to help me guess the weight of a set of Mavic Ksyrium Equipe S which I think are from about 2010? I really have no idea though. The frame weight is also a guess as the only listings I found were all over the place but averaged out to about 1500g.
Once I get a few more weights nailed down I might start putting some of my tuned parts on the bike. Maybe strip the paint. Anyway, Thanks for looking.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I don't know why the number 1723g comes to me for the Ksyrium Equipe wheels, but that number seems familiar.

Really like the work you're doing to the 105 groupset, please post the finished build/weights :)
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Interesting that you mounted 175mm cranks on that frame.
Any reason to not go to a proportional length crank?
Just curious.

euph

by euph

Thanks for weights on the wheels. That weight is probably a bit more plausible. I will show you what I have done with the shifter at some point and you guys can help me decide whether it is safe to ride or not.

I went for 175mm cranks on it as I was previously running 172.5mm I think. These were also going cheap in this size, I thought for a 250g weight saving I could adjust things around a bit. I did a bit of research and from what I can tell there isn't much of difference when it comes to crank length. Hopefully not starting a debate here as I am sure it has already been discussed many times before. If there is a difference though I highly doubt I would notice it as there is so many other things I have to deal with before I start noticing little things like that. You have intrigued me now though. If there is a difference how would it manifest itself? How would I know if they are two long?

Thanks for the replies.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Love the tuning!! Keep that up! I have thousands of hours into tuning components and love doing it. It's great so see someone else doing it also!
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

victorduraace

by victorduraace

More tuning please

Fiery

by Fiery

I like the enthusiasm, but I would buy a smaller frame before sinking any more money into components.

ill principe

by ill principe

How about that 105 shifter on page one, whats the weight saving? (not my cup go tea from an aesthetic perspective, but who cares?)

Kudos on the tuning efforts!
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

euph

by euph

So it begins.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

You could get the frame anodised as that will protect the metal without causing weight gain.

Thrre is huge scope for wright saving. I wish i had the time spare you have could not even find the time today to change tyres on my bike.

euph

by euph

I would like to get the frame anodised but its easier and probably cheaper to just paint it. I have it done now and just need to collect all the weights and wait for a couple of barrel adjusters before I can build it up. Here's the frame before I clear coated it.

I will build as soon as the parts come. But it looks like I might be under 8Kg which is impressive for a bike with an 1800g wheelset.

euph

by euph

Not been on a ride yet as I got hit pretty hard by tonsillitis. Again!! Oh well. Managed to finish building this properly.

Some weights:

Frame with paint - 1506g Frame stripped of paint with new decals and 2K Clear coat - 1451g

I managed to lose 55g by taking the paint off. Not too bad really but getting all the components off the frame has definitely shown how heavy this frame is. All that being said though I feel like this frame fits me well and there is no reason to upgrade right now.

105 10 Speed Shifters - 495g SRAM Red 10 Speed Shifters - 297g

198g lost. Didn't realise how heavy the 105s are :shock:

105 Rear Derailleur - 229g SRAM Force Rear Derailleur - 174g

55g lost. Couldn't find a SRAM Red rear on eBay for a good deal so I picked up a Force one to get me going. Don't know how much less a Red would weigh? Might be worth doing eventually.

Wheelset

I lost the scale picture of my front wheel but my rear weighs 1028g and I remember the front weighing nearly 800g. SO the makes my wheelset 1800g. That needs changing when I get some funds.

All in all though I am happy that I got my bike below 8Kg for the moment and that all the colours match for once. Hope you guys like it. I put my now spare 105 stuff on a Mango Point AR Frame as I got given a pair of disc brake wheels so I made an Avid BB7 1X10 commuter for getting to work. That thing is mighty heavy and mechanical disc brakes don't compare to hydraulic. Might put a picture or two in the commuter section.

Thanks for looking. If I get the determination I will play around reducing the weight on the 105 Shifters again

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

This frame is definitely begging for some cheap carbon 38 or 50 mm wheels! Good work man!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euph

by euph

Thanks man. Cheap carbon rims and spending some time learning how to build wheels is next on the list.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk