Wilier Cento Uno SR (She's a bit overweight)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Eperezalonso

by Eperezalonso

BlackMadone wrote:I think manufactures suggest no more than 30mm... 3cm worth of spacers between frame and stem for safety reasons because of the potential of carbon fork tubes cracking. I still love the way the bike looks so no contradiction.

I'm still fooling around with the cockpit but I'm getting too old to slam that stem... :(

Eperezalonso

by Eperezalonso

Frankie - B wrote:You can probably loose some weight with a different stem and brakes. But gain some weight by choosing a 39t 110 inner chainring. That is what i use on my compact crank in the flat part of Holland where i live.

I'm still undecided about the chainrings, mostly because I don't know if I should try some Oval Q-Rings or Osymetrics but it definitely makes sense to go 39 for the inner ring

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Eperezalonso

by Eperezalonso

plasticol wrote:Hello. Nice bike. But you can start saving some weight by taking some of the many spacers out.
To "look" pro you need to have between 7 - 10 cm of drop. :roll:

Right now I've got 9.2 cm of seat to handlebar drop

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Eperezalonso wrote:
BlackMadone wrote:I think manufactures suggest no more than 30mm... 3cm worth of spacers between frame and stem for safety reasons because of the potential of carbon fork tubes cracking. I still love the way the bike looks so no contradiction.

I'm still fooling around with the cockpit but I'm getting too old to slam that stem... :(

No Problem from me... I hope to see you and your beautiful bike around, I'm in Delray! I rode with a guy from Boca that had the same bike. It looked fantastic in the sun where you could really see the carbon.

kgt

by kgt

You better rotate the stem in order to remove a couple of spacers.

Eperezalonso

by Eperezalonso

BlackMadone wrote: No Problem from me... I hope to see you and your beautiful bike around, I'm in Delray! I rode with a guy from Boca that had the same bike. It looked fantastic in the sun where you could really see the carbon.

Same here, what are you riding? Maybe I'll see you around!

Eperezalonso

by Eperezalonso

kgt wrote:You better rotate the stem in order to remove a couple of spacers.

That could work

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Eperezalonso wrote:
BlackMadone wrote: No Problem from me... I hope to see you and your beautiful bike around, I'm in Delray! I rode with a guy from Boca that had the same bike. It looked fantastic in the sun where you could really see the carbon.

Same here, what are you riding? Maybe I'll see you around!

Trek Madone currently soon to be a Pinarello F8!