Colnago master x light ad4 advice

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Beautiful

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

well done - I really like the build. Given that the frame is the star of the build and visually complex I would make it stand out by making everything else clean and simple by staying with the base silver/black/white colours and removing any other colour flashes and details including decals and stickers on the other components as a long term project.
Would really like to read a ride report when you get around to it.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Wanted to give a quick update on the bike. I went with a 90mm -17 stem to fit me better. Short arms and traditional bend bars make me stretch out more than I wanted to. I used a kalloy uno 7 and it weighs in at 101 grams. Anyway, this is my third road bike. I have a Wilier cento uno sl with SRAM red which weighs in at 6150g. My other is a felt ar frd with ultegra 11 di2. Both of those bikes are amazing and stiff. I am amazed at how stiff the master x lite is. For a very period late 90s bike it is surprisingly light at 8.4 kg. There is no shortness of stiffness in the bottom bracket. I'm a heavier rider and I can't discern any flex in normal riding. If I try to flex the bb by mashing down, I can very slightly notice the difference between this and the cento uno. I had a Merlin magia titanium bike last year and that was a wet noodle, especially the front end. Except for the weight the colnago was like riding a modern carbon bike. I think at the time, early 90s this was the best steel frame available.

This bike brought me back 20 years ago. I haven't ridden a steel bike in 20 years. My last road bike at that time was an Oschner Columbus steel frame with Campy veloce. Up until 3 years ago when I rediscovered riding again, all I had were carbon and one ti bikes. I rediscovered the joy of hearing the "tink" every time you downshift very distinctive of steel bikes. It's wonderful. I plan on taking this bike on some grand fondos in the fall and may use this bike for the gran fondo New York next year. Either this or the Wilier. We'll see.
Last edited by chazmtb on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Can't wait to steel Colnago built...