Canyon Ultimate CF SL 9.0 Team / Kinesis GF

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

Love the bike! And nice upgrades of the wheels!
What is the next upgrade?
Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 Team (L)
Dura Ace DI2
Mavic CXR Ultimate 60 Clinchers
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit
Elite custom race matte black bottle cages

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Thanks for the comments.
I guess the only thing I might be inclined to change in the future are the bars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

Hi,
Stunning bike!
I've got an Ultimate CF SL frameset on the way, and will be putting Chorus on. I'm wondering: does Canyon ship this with the "S2" front derailleur (with the little switch for frame compatability), or the non-S2 derailleur version?
Would really appreciate the advice. :beerchug:
Cheers,
Robert.

gangbyeon

by gangbyeon

I like the high profile rim.
Bora look like the match!!

djconnel

by djconnel

I just rented the Ultegra version of this frame for a week-long tour of the Pyrenees (from Terra Bike Tours in Barcelona: highly recommended. Bike was in excellent working condition).

It was fantastic in every way except for in-seated climbing I felt the bottom bracket's substantially increased stiffness relative to both my Fuji SL/1 and Ritchey Breakaway. At first I thought the crank length was off: the pedal trajectory felt wrong. But I measured the cranks and they were right at 170 (in any case I can ride a range of crank lengths). I finally realized it was because the lack of flex: my feet are programmed to have the bike give a little. I expect I'd get used to this fairly quickly, and indeed by the end of the week it was less of an issue. But I did find myself getting out of the saddle more.

But when I did get out of the saddle it was great. At this point the bike can rock back and forth relative to my body so there's the "flex" I wanted, but with the pedals supporting more of my weight, the stiffness provided nice stability.

Descending the frame was great: a lot better on uncertain Pyrenean descents than my Fuji with it's long trail. The Fuji is fine for when the corner is steady radius: it just locks into that trajectory. But I like a bit more nimbleness and the combination of the geometry and everything else made it work great. The Ultegra brakes also helped a lot, clearly better modulation than the Zero Gravities on the Fuji.

With rentals there's always going to be some things which aren't right. I prefer 38 cm bars to 40 cm, and more importantly, I really didn't like that the 31.8 section extended across the tops on the bars. And I would have preferred a zero-setback stem to the 1.5 cm setback provided stock, especially with the relatively slack seat tube. But for a rental, I was very happy, and it was a winning decision to not bring a bike box, even the Ritchey.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

With 35 clinchers

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Kinesis GF scandium for the winter with 28mm tires.
Had this frameset for a few years.
Have mudguards for it too but didn't put them on yet.
This is actually a great riding frame, I was pleasantly surprised.