Scott Addict R1 Single Speed 3.39kg or 7.47lbs(FINISHED pg6)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Clannagh

by Clannagh

I've only just seen this thread, amazing love your component choice and attention to detail just gorgeous I'm hooked :D :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Thanks for the compliments. Now is the time when I get to have some fun and try different configurations to see how the bike will look. As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to minimize weight so the first configuration will be with a flat bar, 1 lever front brake, and THM Scapula F fork.

Below are some more weights of parts I plan to use.

KCNC VB1 BRAKE LEVER

AICAN BUNGARUS ALUMINUM HOUSING PLUS LINER

KCNC TITANIUM BRAKE CABLE (POWERCORDZ APPEAR TO NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE THM SCAPULA F FORK)

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

mattyNorm

by mattyNorm

Amazing bike and I'm excited for the build but could you please turn off caps lock?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

HERE IS HOW THE SCAPULA F FORK LOOKS ON THE FRAME. THE SILVER LOGO THROWS OFF THE THEME OF THE BIKE. I AM DEBATING ON SANDING IT OFF BUT THIS FORK WAS SO EXPENSIVE AND I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A RAZOR BLADE TO IT AT THE MOMENT. I AM USING AN EXTRALITE HEADSET BECAUSE I LIKE THE WEIGHT AND THE LOW STACK HEIGHT.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

IN COMPARISON THIS IS HOW THE FRAME WILL LOOK WITH A STANDARD DROP BAR, A 46MM FRONT WHEEL, AND THE BULL LEGGED AX6000 AX LIGHTNESS FORK. I AM NOT TOO PLEASED WITH HOW THE BOTTOM OF THE HEAD TUBE FLOWS WITH THE TOP OF THE FORK. AX LIGHTNESS USED TO MAKE A COVER TO HELP BLEND THE FORK WITH THE WIDER HEAD TUBE BUT THEY NO LONGER MAKE THAT PART.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

BmanX

by BmanX

I have to admit that I like the flat bar set up and on the weight side of things it is so much lighter I would imagine. Go with that set up for sure.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I ORIGINALLY WAS GOING TO USE A GOLD KMC X11SL CHAIN BUT I DID NOT LIKE HOW IT LOOKED ON THE BUILD. IT SORT OF TAKES FOCUS OFF THE FRAME AND ONTO THE CHAIN. I DECIDED TO GO WITH THE KMC X11SL DLC ALL BLACK CHAIN. I AM WAITING FOR IT TO BE SHIPPED.

SOMETHING ALSO COOL IS THAT THE OWNER OF SPYDER COMPOSITES IS GIVING ME A RITCHEY/SCOTT FORK AND ISP CAP PAINTED TO MATCH THE FRAME. HE IS WORKING ON IT RIGHT NOW AND WILL BE SENDING IT TO ME. I THINK THE RITCHEY/SCOTT FORK WILL LOOK MUCH SMOOTHER THAN THE AX LIGHTNESS FORK WHEN USING THE DROP BAR SETUP. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING IT AND SETTING IT UP ON THE BIKE. I WILL TAKE MORE COMPLETE PICTURES ONCE I GET THE BLACK CHAIN.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

THANKS BMANX. I AM A HUGE FAN OF YOUR CERVELO SLC BUILD YOU DID A WHILE BACK. I SHOULD SIT AT 7 TO 7.2 LBS WITH THE FLAT BAR SET UP. ALSO, IF I AM GOING TO SET THIS UP AS A CLIMBING BIKE, I SHOULD GO WITH MAYBE A 44 TOOTH FIBRELYTE RING RATHER THAN A 49 TOOTH WHICH IS MORE FOR THE VELODROME. MAYBE I CAN HIT SUB 7. WE WILL SEE.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

:noidea: oops I didn't realize I had caps lock turned on.

ImageFelt AR FRD

BmanX

by BmanX

I am modifying my P2C right now to run a 1 X 10 set up so the TT bike will be around 6800g full aero with disc wheel. I am going to see how that goes and if it goes well, I am going to run the SLC as a 1 X 10 as well which will get it down to around 12 lbs.

I love this build for sure. What cranks are you running again. Is the spider removable, if it is then send the cranks to Fibre-lyte and have them get the spline pattern and you can do a spiderless chainring which will be lighter than running a spider and chainring with bolts.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I'm also liking the flat bar configuration most, for once I like the shallow wheels more

livestrong1986

by livestrong1986

Scapula fork is much better!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

At first most people were suggesting I use the drop bar. I am glad that people are feeling the flat bar configuration.

@BManX I am using an Ax Lightness Morpheus crankset which uses an integrated 110 BCD spider so I am stuck with having to use chainring bolts. I am seeing more and more 1x10 set ups for road. Actually come to think of it I rarely ever shift to my small chainring on my TT bike. I may try a spiderless set up on it. Do you think the THM M3 crankset will work with the spiderless chainring?

ImageFelt AR FRD

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I like the Scapula a bit better than the AX6000 fork, however neither really match the frame unfortunately.
Personally that wold bother me to no end - and I see it occasionally on WW builds, which is frustrating.

What is the diameter of the frame's headtube opening?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

It is a 44mm ID headtube. The owner at Spyder Components is stripping and color matching a Scott Addict/Ritchey fork for me along with the matching Ritchey ISP stopper. He probably felt the same way you do. It will look more unified on this build but I am going to take a small weight penalty.

ImageFelt AR FRD