Fuji SST for me

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

Hi all,

My latest build. I found a killer deal on a Fuji SST with 105. Weight wise it is a pig right now at 8.84 kg or 19.5 pounds. First goal was to get a complete bike though. The way I've always done it is the past is I get the bike and then start swapping out parts. I don't want to make this an uber weight weenie project. If I get in the 15 pound range I'll be happy. I figure wheels and cranks will get me a good way there. :)

Last edited by Ravenmore on Thu May 07, 2015 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

Btw running Keywin pedals - which I never see anyone mention. Fantastic pedal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Very nice. I'm thinking doing the reverse, sort of, putting all the parts I want on my Madone, then swapping it onto another frame. Maybe the new Transonic. Look forward to seeing what you do.

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

Well I've been playing around for a couple of months with this. The good news is that it has dropped some weight from 9.02 kilograms (19.8 pounds) to 7.8 kilograms (17.2 pounds). Most of it was in the wheels and cranks. I had some Kinlin 27mm rims laced to some bikehubstore SL hubs with Sapim Laser spokes, got a sweet deal on some NOS Red cranks, and also added titanium skewers, Schwalbe Durano tires, and a Forte Pro SL saddle (very comfortable for me and not too heavy at 211 grams).

I'd like to get the bike below 7.25 kilos but from what I've read anyway, the rest of the parts aren't horrible in weight. Not great, but I wouldn't save that much replacing any of them. Biggest bang for the buck right now would be switching to SRAM shifters. Thoughts are appreciated.

fa63

by fa63

Looks good, just ride the snot out of it.