Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:43 pm 

@Broady, this is something that I'll be keeping live for quite some time, so if you're ever in need of replenishing your stock, please feel free to PM and I'll include some extra goodies :)

@Minley1 thanks for your order, it's been dispatched this morning.

Yes, it's perfect with the wax! The wax wants to go on after wet washing, and this product for 'in between' waxes and wet washes.

The wax lasts 2 1/2 months (but I recommend waxing roughly once a month to keep it topped up). In between wet washes, if you notice a bit of dirt in the form of mud, grit, salt, fingerprints etc, simply spray the speed detailer onto the microfibre cloth and simply wipe it away.

It's not always the easiest to have some time to get your bike outside (or in the bath) to give it a wet wash, you also find that having a small amount of dirt doesn't mean you need to clean the whole bike, this is where speed detailer comes in.

You can quite literally clean your whole bike in 60 seconds with this product. The micro fibre cloth is really soft and the product itself makes for a fantastic lubricant, meaning you won't swirl your lacquer. If you bike has been previously waxed, any dirt will lift off very easily.
Once you've used the product a few times, it will become natural to use. I also made sure the product smells fantastic, so your bike will always smell nice.

I know a lot of people swear by using baby wipes, but they sometimes leave a streaky finish, don't really remove all of the dirt and don't really add any protection to the surfaces. I'd highly recommend trying the speed detailer if you need to clean your bike in a hurry!

James

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:25 pm 

Thanks James,

Already using the wax (using on Matt Carbon, but still comes up nice), so thanks for the info.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:29 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeYbPv9RLqY

The latest video using Speed Detailer.

I'm going to be making a series of videos showing how speed detailer can be used on matte frames, gloss etc, but I first wanted to show that it's quick and easy to use.

Real time, the bike took a few minutes to clean. The frame was already waxed and the speed detailer made for a fantastic lubricant to removing dirt, without adding scratches to the finish.

I like to fold the microfibre into 4 and then turn it over when it comes to buffing the surface, to reduce the chances of buffing any grit into the surfaces.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:08 am 

Our latest feature in Cyclist magazine!

ImageCyclist magazine - issue 59 by No Quarter Paint, on Flickr

James

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:12 am 

Hi all,

just a quick update to say No Quarter is now 5 years old!

Image5 year anniversary by No Quarter Paint, on Flickr

I've been a lurker of this forum for the last 4 years, in which time I've quite literally gone back to page 1 of the build threads section...

As a little thank-you for having me and to tie in with our anniversary, I've decided to offer 30% off all our cycle detailing products, until Monday.

Simply use the code 'NQ5A' at the checkout - http://www.noquarterpaint.co.uk

Thanks,

James

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:42 am 

Took advantage of the offer yesterday, looking forward to trying out the product.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:13 pm 

Thanks! Would love to hear how you get on!

James

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:40 pm 

S-works frame coming along nicely...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUMtl6mAmN7 ... rter_paint

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:58 pm 

whats the difference in these detailing products vs. a car detailing product?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:06 pm 

chefczyk wrote:

In my opinion... marketing.

Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:36 pm 

Agreed - if you have lots of car related products, shampoo and waxes just use them.

I wiped over my bike after a wash last night with some Gtechniq C2 v3 Liquid Crystal sealant left over from my car. Costs £6 a bottle, took two minutes to apply and remove and will last 6 months. The game has moved on so much rather than mess about waxes let alone dedicated cycle ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:54 pm 

Calnago wrote:
chefczyk wrote:

In my opinion... marketing.

figured ...if its good enough for your 50k bimmer..probably good enough for your 5k bike...hah!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:15 pm 

Our shampoo is a little more aggressive than a car shampoo, so removes some of the stubborn stuff that a regular shampoo won't. It's also worth mentioning that the kit as a whole has been designed for use on a bicycle. The stand-up pouches are great for keeping all your products together when outside cleaning, the sponge is durable (fine on chainrings and bladed spokes etc) and the detailing brush is also fantastic quality. I personally did a huge amount of R&D on all of the products. Example, most wax applicator discs are too big and thin for use on a bicycle, so I created the smaller, fatter sponge. It makes waxing the bike much quicker and easier.

The Speed Detailer is our newest product and something that I'm really happy with, it's absolutely fantastic for matte bikes and helps you clean your bike quicker than anything I've tried before. It also adds a layer of protection that lasts 2 weeks, or 2 wet washes (whichever comes first). It's also ideal for those who don't have a lot of space to clean their bike; you can clean your bike indoors!

I've used automotive products on my bike before, and found all the products and tools needed tweaking so they could be easily used on a bicycle, which is exactly what the cycle detailing range is.

Our new website has just been launched: http://www.noquarterpaint.co.uk

As a little thank-you to the online forums I share the detailing range with, free worldwide shipping is now available. Code 'weightweenies' at the checkout.

James

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:23 pm 

Now shipping costs are more sensible, even excluding promo code
Happy with shampoo, sponge is very good indeed. These days I use quick detailer (other brand) almost after every ride, the roads are quite dry and dusty over here.
So curious how yours detailer will perform, order placed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 am 

I've got the quick detailer, it makes your bike smell pretty. :)

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 am 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next