Cannondale 2015 Supersix Evo Green.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PlumzRichard

by PlumzRichard

Secound time poster but long time looker.

This year i have been fortunate to be supported by Cannondale. I race Elite MTB here in the UK and after being overwhelmed with my team bike (FSI) i splashed out on a Supersix for training. I don't race on the road purely as i don't really have the time but living in a area with little MTBing road riding is where the majority of my training is done.

I wanted to build the bike up in a racey manner however with poor road conditions i was keen to ensure the bike was comfortable and reliable enough to be ridden day in and out.

Standard frame, fork and group set but i swapped out the horrible stock rings for a spider rings. Finishing kit was all swapped for Fizik Cyrano R1 to add comfort and save weight. Cane Creek AER headset top cap and spacer with Enduro Bearings. Wheels was then a big decision, I have some Easton EC90 SL's and also some Novatec R3s carbon wheels however these feel harsh, require regular maintenance, often flat and are shocking in the wet. So instead i settled for some Easton EC90 SLX aluminium wheels set up tubeless with Hutchinson Fusion.

These wheels have been a impressive. Super stiff, very comfortable and loads of grip and best of all a reasonable 1450 grams.Very pleased so far with the bike and now keen to continue to lower he weight. Currently stands at 6.9. All comments welcome. Thanks!! :beerchug:

F45

by F45

Good looking ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Love it!

chayanat

by chayanat

love this color scheme!

can you review on ride quality of the wheel? (new ea90?)

by 573

Looks good!

titchegg

by titchegg

The colour scheme is great! Lovely Evo!

PlumzRichard

by PlumzRichard

Sure. The wheels are the new style Easton EA90 SLX with a full tubeless rim and the new Echo hubs.

The first thing I noticed was how wide the rims where (18mm), when I put the Hutchinson Fusion 25s on the tyre really did bulge. This looked odd at first as I have become so used to 23mm standard tyres and my first concern was that the tyres might feel draggy. I was very wrong, the wheels absolutely fly and there is no noticeable drag however I have found a huge increase in grip especially when cornering. The wheels are incredibly stiff and roll in almost silence.

The new Echo hubs look to be a huge improvement over the old R4 design. Incredibly quick engagement and very fast spinning. Wheels weighed 1426 with no skewers.

Only done 800 or so miles on the bike and wheels to date but so far they have been very good.

Dman

by Dman

Classy [emoji108]

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Nice color! Welcome to the EVO family. :beerchug:
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox