Tarmac S-Works Custom

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Beautiful!

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Looks nice. Something about the camera angle makes it look at little off, but I see where you are going with it. If you can post some more photos*, it would definitely make the bike shine, I think.

* - After riding, of course!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gmakris

by gmakris

very nice build Jumma! especially the wheels!

bencolem

by bencolem

If I was going to have a production bike this would have to be on the shortlist, nice job.

jumma

by jumma

Got the real camera out and took a shot!

Thanks for all the likes people. I am very happy with the bike. It is an absolute weapon and super comfortable.

Hastur

by Hastur

Looking really good! What frame size is it?

em3

by em3

Nice build but the headset spacers look off...appears diemeter of spacers does not match diameter of stem. Try replacing with a tapered bearing cover/volcano cap which will eliminate the straight spacer tower with a slowly tapering single spacer / bearing cover (for an example see pics on my R5 linked in my signature). U can find the tapered bearing cover on the Specialized website.

KonaSS

by KonaSS

The blacked out bike has been done again and again, but when it is done well like this, I really like it.

jumma

by jumma

Hastur - 56cm. Thanks

Em3-Yes. I am aware of it. I'll check out your suggestion. Thanks

Kinases-true. I like the understated look. Other thing is it is not a advertising billboard like my TCR. But I am thinking of a colourful frame next. May do a custom job on my 2013 TCR frame. Something really bright and crazy with no logos. Just TCR!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clannagh

by Clannagh

Wow that looks bloody lovely :D
I do like a nice bit of carbon :D

jumma

by jumma

em3 wrote:Nice build but the headset spacers look off...appears diemeter of spacers does not match diameter of stem. Try replacing with a tapered bearing cover/volcano cap which will eliminate the straight spacer tower with a slowly tapering single spacer / bearing cover (for an example see pics on my R5 linked in my signature). U can find the tapered bearing cover on the Specialized website.

Em3 - do you have a link, details of the cap you are talking about? Any idea on prices? Thanks - I like your R5, nice build. Yes! The cap does look better.

Edit - I think I have found it - http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/ro ... arboncones

Thanks

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Custom? Looks like something you buy off the shelf. Fail.

jumma

by jumma

IamnotWiggins wrote:Custom? Looks like something you buy off the shelf. Fail.

No it's not off the shelf. You can't get this frame "off-the-shelf" here in Australia. You have to buy it, buy all the components separately and build it up.

I chose mostly S-Works components to keep it all consistent. You can't get an "off-the-shelf" with Di2 and black frame unless you buy the Disc version, which is then the disc module frame.

You can get a DA mechanical with the white frame, but not Di2 unless you ask for a non-standard build.

I guess it all then comes down to your definition of "custom". Perhaps there is nothing custom about round wheels on a bike!! I also didn't know I had to build my own unique frame in my garage for it to be custom or if I slam it, is it then custom!?. If this is the case, then this site would be - FULL OF FAILS!!

Anyhow. Thanks for the positive comments ... they see me rollin'......

numbers505

by numbers505

I enjoy S-works frames. I think a black crankset would make this look better though. Hope you enjoy riding it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jumma

by jumma

Number505 yeah I gave a lot of though and research to other frames. There are many nice ones at this level. Some not as smooth or stiff, some lighter, some more rigid. This frame however, once you get used to it is phenomenal. Pushing a 900 watt average sprint, it just stay straight and keeps on delivering. It is also very smooth for the level of stiffness. I like the shape and understated markings of this frame and particular set up.

I agree. The s-works cranks are nice and the black carbon finish would be better matching. I had thought of all that. However I just really like the DA crisp shift and stiffness. They all get scratched up in the end though :) cranks are easy to change too! Though not cheap !

As for the ride. Yep. I am absolutely loving the ride. It just wants to go and is so smooth and linear getting up to speed. Love the sound of the clx's too. They stop very fast with the swisstops too.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk