My Cannondale F29

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

muntos

by muntos

So after almost 2 years I thought that now it's the proper time to present my MTB :)
At base it was a F29 Carbon 1 model 2013. The initial weight out of box was 9.17kg without pedals or 9.62kg with pedals

After many and many changes it became this :)! 8.24kg fully equipped and ready for race

Yes, same bike, or somehow... because from the original bike the only things that remained are the Reynolds rims and the Lefty fork...:D! Original frame was gone only after 1 month after purchasing, found a crack in the top tube so I end up with a new frame...and a new color. Was very disappointed by Cannondale's warranty policy but maybe this was the fate :)

Setup:
Wheels: Reynolds rims (not so light, around 435 grams per rim but very stiff) + Tune Kong/Cannonball + Sapim CX-Ray = 1405 grams
Pedals: Crankbrothers Eggbeater 11 - 181 grams
Transmission: classic SRAM XX1 with spiderless Absolute Black 32T ring, Rear derailleur model 2015 Type 2.1 + Race Face cranck boots
Saddle: AX Lightness Endurance Plus - 92 grams
Seatpost: Syntace P6 Hi-Flex 27.2 x 400mm - 226 grams. This is the only (I think) component I want to change
Handlebar: Tune Turnstange 750mm, cut to 710mm - 112 grams
Brakes: Shimano XTR M9000 + 2x160mm XT Rotors (I want to put a 180mm on front, 160mm is to less for my 84kg)
Tires: Thunder Burt Race Guard rear + Rocket Ron front tubeless
Grips: LIZARD SKINS DSP 30.3 mm - 22 grams
Rear QR: Tune AC17 - 26 grams

That's pretty all, if I missed something let me know :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stuka666

by stuka666

Great bike, how do you compare the stock chainring with the one you are now using.

I have to swap my xx1 chainring and will probably go with the absolut black one.

muntos

by muntos

stuka666 wrote:Great bike, how do you compare the stock chainring with the one you are now using.

I have to swap my xx1 chainring and will probably go with the absolut black one.

I have no idea because I didn't used the stock chainring , I chosed directly the AB, but I didn't seen people complaining about AB XX1 chainring.

DanW

by DanW

Good stuff! That is a great weight and a sensible built to boot :beerchug:

muntos

by muntos

Thanks, I tried to make it as light as possible without so many compromises in terms of realibleity and safety

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Very nice build. How are finding the rear compliance without the SAVE post?
I tried a Thomson out for a day on my F29 and quickly put the SAVE back on, it really does have a noticeable damping effect (for me at least)
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

muntos

by muntos

Well I didn't kept the SAVE post too much as it was heavy and I got a Syntace P6 Hi-Flex which I think offers also good damping. This is the last piece that I can get rid off to save around 120 grams but I'm not convinced I want to do this, I have to think very good ...:)

jooo

by jooo

Did you already have the P6? It doesn't seem like a good upgrade over the stock Save seatpost. The weights seem pretty close :noidea:

If you after something that's designed for comfort, Cannondale say the new Save2 post is close to 50 grams lighter than the old model and also has 20% more deflection.

muntos

by muntos

Mine Save post (2013 bike model 400mm) had 270 grams, so was a save of 44 grams...

muntos

by muntos

Not many ideas to drop weight without safety penalties, the biggest drop now would be changing the Syntace seatpost with a lighter one...
So, the big question, what brand... ? I like MCFK but I don't like those glued sticker on seatpost, then would be AX, POP ...

And second, what else could I change for a weight drop...My goal is 7.99kg or anything below 8kg :)

Alumen

by Alumen

Nice !
CAAD 13 Disc
CAAD 10 2015 R.I.P.
Kona Kahuna

28, the real 25

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Nice bike :) How do you like the handlebars?

What do you mean wrt. the stickers on the Mcfk post? They are easy to take off if that's what you want.

I had an Mcfk (had to sell because it was a tad too long on the new frame). I had no problems, really liked it.

muntos

by muntos

I like the handlebar, doesn't flex, it could be with a bigger bend (sweepback)...
This is, the MCFK has some sticky decals, not like Tune, or POP for example where the brand is laser engraved...It looks kinda cheap Chinese, that kind of piece where after you stick a decal you can have any brand you like... :)

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Ah I see. I think he did that on purpose, such that you can take of the sticker, to make it match your bike. If you have all Tune parts, it's better to have an Mcfk seat post without a sticker IMO :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

muntos

by muntos

You might have a valid point also... :)