CAAD10 Black Inc. project ...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Since I'm starting with the bare frame I thought it might be cool to start a separate thread. Plus I welcome all and any advice from those who have built the amazing ones on WW already. I took a chance and bought the frame off eBay. I took it to my local Cannondale shop today, very cool place called The Caffinated Cyclist, has a coffee bar and stuff. Luckily frame is straight, minty and all good.

So the project starts. I didn't realize it had to be di2, so I'll have to upgrade my Ultegra group. I'll definitely be keeping my Mavic Krysiums and pretty much everything else is up for grabs.

First step done today - order a new BB and head set from Cannondale and an ENVE 2.0 fork as recommended by Cannondale.

Everything else is up for grabs. I did just buy some 40cm 3T Ergonava Team Stealth bars, so will probably go with that cockpit.

Have to decide about SiS2 crank set...thoughts on running those wih Ultegra di2.

Anyway - should be fun and I'll post more pics as soon as the frame set is complete with the fork.

ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

acliff

by acliff

Good luck with the project, always like a good caad 10 build!

chilievans

by chilievans

Beautiful frame

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

After some soul searching I decided I'm going to hold out for the Pinarello. Obviously will take longer, but it's time. Il be selling his one.

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

Thomson stem and post!

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Already bought a 3T team stealth stem and erganova bars. I have an FSA SLK post on the Trek which ok for now.

53x12

by 53x12

Keep the CAAD when you get the Pina. You will need a bad weather/training bike anyways. The CAAD is a great frame.

I have the same frame with Di2. I am running the Hollowgram cranks with Praxis chainrings. No issue with the cranks (not running Shimano) and Di2. Works flawlessly.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Probably should do that - Boyer and trainer bike.