Colnago C60 OFCG 6160 grams

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

aguycalledsimon

by aguycalledsimon

[quote="DrJeffers"i am 5'7" (170cm tall) with 29.5"/74.5cm inner leg. Many thanks, J[/quote]
I am similar - a little shorter overall (5'6"") but with 30" inseam, and the 48s fits me just fine - the image shows the proportiona on the fitted bike and it looks nicely balanced to me - I have a 120mm stem, and the saddle looks about right in relation to frame and handlebar height etc - i think a size up or down would be wrong, so my guess is that the guy who specced 48s for you was right

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice bikes here but I particularly like the looks of the 48 sloping. It's hardly any slope which makes it almost look like a traditional frame.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

thegunner

by thegunner

i like how colnago (and look as well) handled the small bike spectrum^^ agreed that it barely looks sloping

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I agree with the sloping comment, except when viewed side by side with a non-sloping frame.
I'm continually torn how I prefer riding my c-59 but actually prefer looking at my USPS 5200.
And base on Colnago no longer supporting threaded standard and the $6200 price tag, I'm beginning to think the better value today is custom Titanium from someone like Firefly.
For what its worth I'm not die hard weight weenie, I'm in the minority here thinking other factors such as leg strength, cardio endurance , body weight and comfort matter more. I paid $4500 for my C-59 frame two years ago and upping that by 2K seems a bit much despite the fact that I do like what Colnago does.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@fromtrektocolnago: It almost sounds like you feel obligated to get a new bike for some reason and have to justify it somehow. If you're happy with your C59, I see no compelling reason to change. The fact that Colnagos are no longer a threaded BB in the old BSA sense is a non issue really. The alloy cups are still threaded into the frame and are replaceable should they ever need it. It's another layer for sure, but at least it provides a perfectly round interface with tolerances where they need to be to accept the various pressfit options available these days. It seems like the best solution out there so far, short of manufacturing bottom bracket shells with consistently tight tolerances and good QA, but that kind of wishful thinking seems to be lost on a lot of manufacturers these days.
But if you want a new bike, just because, then go ahead and get what you want.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

thegunner

by thegunner

but... 60 is a bigger number than 59 :) FWIW i don't like any of the pressed BB framesets, but i'm an old grouch

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm with ya, and your pressed bb hatred is perfectly understandable and in most cases, quite justified, but I've finally given in and started accepting peoples' problems and acquired a whole bunch of new tools and various versions of Loctite primers and retaining compounds to deal with it all. Let the good times roll...

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

That's a beautiful build, chap called Simon... thanks - allays my concerns!

kulcha

by kulcha

DrJeffers wrote:Beautiful builds, both. I am about to order a C60 in this same finish. I've been fitted for a 48s, but just out of interest, how tall are you, and how long is your inside leg? Just trying to allay my concern that i might be on the 'relaxed' side on the 48s - i am 5'7" (170cm tall) with 29.5"/74.5cm inner leg. Many thanks, J

I'm 173cm with 78cm in seam.

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

So you are a bit taller than me... guessing you get quite an aggressive position on the 45s frame?

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

By the way, i've tied myself in knots trying to decide on the colour for my own bike - i love both the black and white classic schemes, and could happily take either! Think i've finally settled on the black, although aguycalledsimon's build gave me pause for thought yet again - that's a really lovely one!

singlespeedscott

by singlespeedscott

Nice build. IMHO it would look better with a top tube where it belongs though :D

aguycalledsimon

by aguycalledsimon

Thanks for the kind comments on the build

Singlespeedscott - I initially intended to get traditional - same geometry as my C50 - but the advice was that the factory will not be making them available - there are a few around, but not enough to make me think they will ever be anything other than one-off specials, with a wait time just shy of forever - so I went sloping

I have to say I am very happy - as Calnago says, the slope is gentle (4cm) and not overly noticeable, especially while riding, and seems to suit the overall 'chunky tube' look better than would have been the case with the old C50, which looks anorexic in comparison

drjeffers - the black or white classics would have probably been my choice had I not already got a black C50 and wanted some colour back in my life - but the OFWH (actually a metalliccy-silvery-white confection) is really special up close, especially in bright sunlight - if you get an opportunity try and see one in the flesh before making the final decision

irongatsby

by irongatsby

@Maverick,

As usual, another great bike sir. Although it's a Colnago, I think modern sloping frames with substantial diameter tubing look great in smaller sizes. I also think the Extralite stem looks just fine and compliments the sloping top tube.

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

aguycalledsimon- thanks. Luckily i have now seen both in the flesh, side by side at Epic Cycles. It didn't help! The white took me aback slightly initially, as its much more silvery in the flesh than i expected, and i was surprised how sexy the black one looks - better than most pics i've seen. Having got over my surprise at the white one, i still really like it, especially the way the fork paint transition hangs together. Honestly, only a hair's breadth between them - i could happily have either. The main thing swinging me towards the black is that i currently have a stunning white Pinarello FP3 (black/red accents), and fancy going a different direction (so opposite situation to you!). Also think it'll be easier to match components etc. That said, i do love yours! I'll be getting the same saddle as you btw. Currently have a Concor, but they no longer make an open version, which i do really appreciate, and the Aspide is a similar shape (and a bit lighter in the carbon fx version). How are you finding the Aspide? Cheers, J

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com