Colnago C60 OFCG 6160 grams

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

[post deleted]
Last edited by DrJeffers on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Guys, can we please keep this on topic and over Maverick's bike? I just noticed that the topic is steering off course.... Maverick, did you ever come down to which stem you'll be using with that sexy looking C60?
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

aguycalledsimon

by aguycalledsimon

jimaizumi wrote:Guys, can we please keep this on topic and over Maverick's bike? I just noticed that the topic is steering off

Quite right, and I am slightly guilty of that, so this is my last straying, and only because I was asked a direct question

DrJeffers wrote:How are you finding the Aspide? Cheers, J

pretty comfortable - I was a little worried that it "dips" in the centre, but it seems fine - it has some small ridges at the back and I do notice that I slide about less on the saddle as a result (a good thing). this is my first aspide, after 20 years of using Selle Italia flites, and right now I prefer the aspide

right-o - lets get back "on-post"

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

Thanks Sir, useful.

I'll also consider myself spanked for going off topic and go back to finalising my own C60 order and looking at others' pretty pictures whilst i start the long wait for it to arrive.... ;)

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@aguycalledsimon, DrJeffers, kulcha,
I don't quite like the idea of hijacking a person's post, and it's about time I mentioned this. If you're so ever willing to post your bikes, how about having your own built thread for it? A little courtesy goes a long way. Most appreciated.

@irongatsby,
Thanks for the compliments. That said, your PR00 EP is one heck of a bike! :thumbup:

@jimaizumi,
Will put on the 120mm Superlogic and try it out this weekend :D

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

@maverick_1 Hmm, well as a noob, i clearly misunderstood forum etiquette, so apologies. But not sure I really understand why it's considered hijacking for others to post 'reply pics' and musings around the central topic (your own C60) - is it really considered more appropriate to start fresh threads at every possible meander in conversation? If so, that seems a bit stuffy and OTT to me (and wasn't obvious in reading a range of other threads over the last few months). I love your build, about to order a OFCG C60 myself, and personally I enjoyed the range of replies to your post from others similarly inspired. Seems obvious to me that this kind of posting will particularly interest people who are going through similar builds, or have done so recently, and may stimulate a wider conversation around a shared passion, if its an inspiring thread. I don't think that means people are being discourteous. And surely preferable to 40 replies telling you 'nice but your top tube is in the wrong place'? (which i don't think it is btw, even if you aren't convinced yourself!).

I was sufficiently inspired that this is the first time I've posted on any forum in many years. Didn't take very long for that balloon to pop then. :shock:

@aguycalledsimon. You seem a friendly chap, and thanks for the helpful chat. :)

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

We're all friends here unless somebody takes a direct stab at another. Besides, I don't think that I'm the only one who sees each bike on this string of posts very much deserving of their own topic! It almost makes me jealous to see these well bred steeds!

Maverick, C260... Well done! Please post pics when you're done!
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

kulcha

by kulcha

maverick_1, no hijacking here, i noticed we've quite similar bike so i just dropped by to say hi, and peace. anyway my apology if u felt offended.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@DrJeffers,
Totally fine if it runs slightly off course, as long as it concerns the built why not :)
That aside, should you have concerns regarding what sort of frame size is best suited for you, IMHO it's most appropriate to post a separate thread on it. I'm sure most users here will chime in including myself. Having tried three different sizing (and sold two as a result), I would love to share some of my thoughts.

kulcha,
All is cool, no problem, nice built by the way.
(though I think a 48s may fit you better due to the super long stem + saddle pushed all to the rear on your current built :?: )
Btw, what's the weight?

Cheers!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Christ mav, just saw this...

Both myself and another 'Maverick' approve

ross

by ross

Wow so nice. Your threads always deliver, maverick_1

May I ask, does the headtube area look bronze in daylight? Its so hard to find decent outdoors shots of these frames, ie like this

Image from http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/08/colnago-c60-review/

If it's not too much trouble would you mind adding a few outdoors close ups?

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@Tinea,
Lol!!

@Ross,
Sure, will get it done when the sun is up. It'll be nothing but rain today so probably tomorrow?
And yes, it looks a little bronze, definitely not black IMHO.

Cheers!

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

My god, I've seen the black version in the flesh but that white one is really stunning... I'd have a very difficult time choosing between the two if I were ever to lighten my wallet on one.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Here's an updated pic, replaced the Extralite with a Superlogic C260 stem in 120mm and LW Obies to Campy Bora Ultra Two

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Oooh looking good. Really needs a DS shot.
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||