My new Moots Vamoots CR

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Velove

by Velove

Hi everyone. I've recently put together a Moots Vamoots CR and have now had a chance to ride said build for a few months. I've written up a review of the frameset for those who may be interested [I couldn't find a whole lot of newer information when doing my research and thought someone may find this useful].

If you'd like to check it out, it's here: http://velove-cycles.com/moots-vamoots-cr-full-review/

LeePaton

by LeePaton

Holy saddledrop batman.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

urt

by urt

Beautiful build even though its a 60cm frame. Well put together.
works in the industry

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

very, very nice bike but that is a bizarre amount of seatpost for any fit. I suspect the feel in the riders rear end is dominated by this - a pretty comfortable ride I assume if that post has some give. How tall is the OP?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Velove

by Velove

Nothing particularly 'bizarre' about my fit - that's simply what happens when a rider is 6'6" tall and it's all leg.

You may expect the rear end to feel soft or armchair like with that amount of post, but it doesn't at all. It's compliant without being overly soft.

Mr.Gib wrote:very, very nice bike but that is a bizarre amount of seatpost for any fit. I suspect the feel in the riders rear end is dominated by this - a pretty comfortable ride I assume if that post has some give. How tall is the OP?

LouisN

by LouisN

urt wrote:Beautiful build even though its a 60cm frame. Well put together.

+1. A thing of beauty.
And 6 cm from perfection :beerchug: !!

Louis :)

jooo

by jooo

Do you have a geometry print out?

Velove

by Velove

jooo wrote:Do you have a geometry print out?

Sure. See here: http://moots.com/our-bike/road/vamoots-cr/geometry/

It's a standard 60cm. Your next question will be 'why didn't you go with the 62cm instead', let me answer that up front - because the 62cm has a HT of 20cm, which is too tall for my fit.

Cheers.

jooo

by jooo

Nope, I just wasn't sure how big it 'really' is. You know how the seatpost can throw perspective out the window and sizing can vary between manufacturers - I hadn't read the blog post so I wasn't sure if it was custom either. Nice bike anyway, I think it would fit me quite well :wink:

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I get flack for my post length too and I'm only 6'4. I'm told that it doesn't make sense on a custom bike, but hey I love the damn thing so who cares.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com