Santa Cruz Stigmata 8.2 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

erik$

by erik$

Thanks guys! I dig the ride!

nobuseri

by nobuseri

I think this will fit in well and compliment the other rides on your list.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

headwind816

by headwind816

Exact bike I hope to buy this summer. How does it ride and handle?

erik$

by erik$

nobuseri wrote:I think this will fit in well and compliment the other rides on your list.

Unfortunately only three hyperlinks are allowed :cry:

When it comes to ride reports I had three rides on the bike with the setup pictured on the first page back in March and have had one 5h ride on it with road setup a couple days ago. Not a lot of data points in other words but some impressions have sunk in.

Handling wise it actually feels quite similar to the Colnagos. Definitely not twitchy but there were no problems handling sharp turns in the cx race I did earlier this year either. I haven't ridden propper euro cx bikes but I imagine they would be quicker in the steering department. For my use, which is both cx racing, gravel riding and probably a lot of road riding as well given how well it rides, it seems perfect. Mind you I'm more of a mtb'er doing cx rather than a thoroughbred cx racer so others might feel different.

When it comes to stiffness I love the way my C50 feels — it actually feels like a stiff coil spring in lack of a better explanation. I can ride less stiff bikes and I can ride stiff bikes and I can feel fast on either. The Stigmata is definitely on the upper region on the stiffnes scale.

I never have problems with discomfort from bikes and my 23 mm (gp4000s, ~90psi) equipped C50 feels great, maybe even more comfy than my full suspension on long rides. Of course position has a lot to say here but I would like to mention it since I'm not usually that susceptible to road surface chatter. The Stig has 25 mm GP classics on 19 mm internal rims which measure 26.5 mm at 85 psi. I was actually a bit surprised on the first ride when this road setup felt more crisp than the C50's. These two bikes live closer to 600 kms apart so no back to back testing is possible but I might be able to do some comparisons with my other bikes later. The Classics might have a less supple casing, my pump might show different numbers and there could be some new bike bias but usually that turns bikes into flying carpets or similar ;) I need some more rides to get some more feel for it but it is a first impression at least. No problems with comfort in the 5h though so just a different feel :)

Hope this was helpful. I try to present things in an objective way and not use to many superlatives. The bike speaks for itself I think :)

hobe

by hobe

I just bought the frameset and am trying to figure out the axle standards as I wait for it to arrive. It looks like you've switched out the front axle to a Tune DC15? Which model did you use? Have you switched out the back as well?

erik$

by erik$

Both front and rear are Rockshox Maxle so i got myself some Shift Up axles. Some miscommunication led to the wrong front axle (got an extra Fox one) and therefore had to use a Tune for now. No problems with the rear one :)

dgdesigns

by dgdesigns

Thinking this might be my next frame even though i don't really have any intentions of doing CX. Still have a Blur LT 26 i can't see giving up on to go to bigger wheels. I love that bike.

anjuv

by anjuv

nice colour :)

erik$

by erik$

Bad picture, but the bike is now in proper race setup:
Around 7.3 kg. Hope to be able to swap out the bar tape before the next race :lol:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Built one.of these today, can see why people rave over the handling :D

Does anyone know who makes the factory perforated bar tape? It looks like velvet but feels amazing!!
Using Tapatalk

JDEves

by JDEves

Loving the colour [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

Usually I'm not a missive fan of gravel bike. But this one just looks fantastic.

dpkinard

by dpkinard

I might need one of these. I love the color.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk