null

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

huyct12

by huyct12

Delete thread
Last edited by huyct12 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voye

by Voye

Very nice...looks fast!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

stem looks slammed. sweet.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Nice. Nice ride, nice weight, nice pictures.

Tell us more. The NP is still giving me impure thoughts...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

huyct12

by huyct12

It's a no compromise race rocket. Not as comfortable as a skinny tube bike, but certainly no bucking bull. The road feel is amazing, super connected with the road, and does a good job taking away the buzz. Definitely feels stiffer than my Giant TCR Advanced it replaced, the bottom bracket area is huge and wide. I rode it for 50 miles into a cross headwind last weekend as part of a century and could definitely feel some some effect of the "aeroness", although it's hard to quantify. Overall it felt a bit easier to maintain a hard effort depending on where the wind was coming from, which makes you just want to keep mashing those pedals.

Only gripe is the cable routing, which takes some patience to set up, especially with the rear direct mount brake behind the BB. It came with full length brake and shifter cable housing which rattles occasionally, but I can fix that when I recable the bike later this year.

Also looking for some deeper/lighter wheels and a power meter as future upgrades, along with getting the NP Tri-seatpost to have this bike run double duty as a TT bike for the 2-3 time trials I do per year. Will post pics of the TT conversion when that happens.

Let me know if you guys want any more close up pics. I'll post some better quality (read, non-cellphone) pics at some point and feel free to ask me more questions!

I'll be racing this bike in SE Michigan this year so feel free to come up and say hi if you're in the area.

bura

by bura

Nice ride.Enjoy.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

ArjanB

by ArjanB

nice bike, i bet it rides even better than it looks!
Ive just bought a new NP Bura SL to replace my broken Alize, ill post it up here when it is finished :)

huyct12

by huyct12

nice bike, i bet it rides even better than it looks!
Ive just bought a new NP Bura SL to replace my broken Alize, ill post it up here when it is finished :)

Yeah, I pretty much flipped a coin to decide between the Nazare2 and the Bura SL. You probably can't go wrong either way. The Bura will look good with climbing wheels as well as deep rim wheels. Aero bikes kind of need deep rim wheels to not look silly.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Wow, real nice~! Now, we just need to lighten it up! haha

huyct12 wrote:Aero bikes kind of need deep rim wheels to not look silly.

What are you talking about?! Aero bike looks the best in rims that does not exceed 20mm. :thumbup:

Tomstr

by Tomstr

That's a classy bike with a good amount of drop & slam, kudos!

How do you like the wheels in crosswinds? I'm looking for something as sexy as these Mavics but won't get me blown off the road. :-)
Ride it like you stole it

stormur

by stormur

Tomstr wrote:That's a classy bike with a good amount of drop & slam, kudos!

And I always thought it has to fit to rider… not be "slammed & dropped" to look "properly" …. :mrgreen:

Great bike- I was searching for it as well, but couldn't find good deal @ the moment, finished with "older and more humble sister" : Alize… with additional "TT" seatpost naturally :)

Generally NP bikes looks great, and ride better than looks . Nice bonus is how perfectly accurate they're made.

Again : Congratulations.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

huyct12

by huyct12

How do you like the wheels in crosswinds? I'm looking for something as sexy as these Mavics but won't get me blown off the road. :-)

The wheels feel fine to me in the crosswinds. I'm a heavier guy at 190lbs and I feel the wind tugging on the rims a bit, but nothing concerning or erratic that would make me want to adjust my handling of the bike.

I've had the Cosmic's for years and have been reliable and bombproof and I haven't gotten myself to upgrade wheels despite some sexier wheels choices out there nowadays.

jacce

by jacce

I've got one just like yours. But with the NP full carbon wheels. I find the Nazare2 an excellent bike whit lots of power if you use it right.

I tried to post a pic but something went wrong.
[img][/img]

OllieH

by OllieH

Just out of interest, how do find the Alize model?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com