Wilier Cento1 SR Disc Hydro 6.84kg / 15.08lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Thanks DanW! I thought about the Hope Race rotors, but was put off by the fact that they save weight by being thinner (1.6mm vs 1.8mm). I wasn't sure how that would play with the Sram brakes. The Formulas have the same thickness as the Sram ones. I am thinking about the Sram Centerline 2-piece when they become available, but not really sure if it's worth spending the money on something that's already working.

I love the way this bike rides. I just got back from an awesome weekend where I rode from Boulder to Winter Park over Trail Ridge Road (pass at 12,183ft, 119 miles total with 12,700 odd feet of ascent starting at 5300ft and ending around 9000ft... my lovely and understanding wife drove up to meet me with our son and dog). The bike was comfortable, fast, solid... totally awesome. The big shifter hoods that take some getting used to visually are really comfortable, and give an extra position compared to the normal Sram levers that I use a lot on the flats on non-technical descents.

ardennes777

by ardennes777

What size thru axles???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

QRs not thru axles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

romalor

by romalor

qr suck especially on front wheel ( from my riding experience ) :?

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. I do hear occasional pings when out of the saddle, but it's pretty rare that it happens and I doubt I lose more than 1 nano joule of energy from it. And that's with 38g carbon-ti skewers...prob be even more infrequent with dura ace ones.

anjuv

by anjuv

What pedals are you using?

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Have you considered running 140 rotor up front? It would look even better with smaller rotor and no adaptor. I use 140 front on my Crux with hydraulic Sram and it works fine.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

I ride mostly in the mountains, so I think the benefits of the larger front disc are worth the small aesthetic penalty. On the flats though I'd agree with you

PeteMommo

by PeteMommo

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I found one of these framesets near me and was just wondering what the bottom bracket height was. Don´t ask. All right, if you must know, it´s for a 650B conversion.