Ritte Vlaanderen

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rossjm11

by rossjm11

Hello all, I have been looking at this forum site for quite some time and decided that it is time I start posting... a few not so high quality pictures and a couple of questions

Current Build:
Frame: Ritte Vlaanderen 56.5
Fork Ritte Vlaanderen

When she is fully dressed and losses a little weight I'll put some full bike shots in! She will never be a true WW bike, but she will get close :)

So, just two quick questions.
My first is would these two items fit? In the hunt for a light bike, I think replacing the expander plug with a lighter one would help. I have never really understood the differences in expander plugs. The Ritte has a tappered headtube.
http://www.carbon-ti.com/products/headset-caps-and-expander/x-cap-carbon-matte/x-cap-carbon-matte
http://www.carbon-ti.com/products/headset-caps-and-expander/x-plug/x-plug

My second question, does anyone have a link to instructions to lighten up Campy Record 11 pieces? Thank you!
Last edited by rossjm11 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

bencolem

by bencolem

Don't look like Cosmic Carbones to me...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Rossjm, the Ritte and other frames head tubes may be tapered outside but this expander will fit inside your fork. And your forks tube is cyclindrical inside. So you can use both items from Carbon-Ti though not the lightest solution. I am using Extralite's expander which again is not the lightest on the market but a "real expander" .Extralite's expander is a few grams lighter.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

rossjm11

by rossjm11

bura wrote:Rossjm, the Ritte and other frames head tubes may be tapered outside but this expander will fit inside your fork. And your forks tube is cyclindrical inside. So you can use both items from Carbon-Ti though not the lightest solution. I am using Extralite's expander which again is not the lightest on the market but a "real expander" .Extralite's expander is a few grams lighter.

Thank you! I wouldn't want something sooo light it losses practicality. I might grab the extralite if I can find it a reasonable cost.
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

aronjancso

by aronjancso

Or you can buy a J&L expander on ebay which looks very similar to extralite but way cheaper. I have one in my steerer and it works perfectly. Weight is 7 g.

Nice ride btw, I really like Ritte's designs.