Cervelo R5CA Custom Painted -- 5.17 kg (11.4 lbs)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Saddle seems to have some flex on the "wings" but still no butt-on experience with it...hopefully in a few weeks, weather permitting...
kgibbo1868 wrote:OMG that is soooooo nice! The paint looks amazing!! Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the Berk saddle, is it quite stiff or is there some flex to make it more comfy?

Salamat, amigo!
farm_lim wrote:very nice build sir!

Thanks, Bob. So when are we building the P3?
rosuch wrote:Beautiful bike! Bet the original owner of that bike wants it back. lol

em3

by em3

Perfection !

But don't forget to apply some helicopter tape to chainstay area behind chainrings....one incident of chainsuck could ruin perfection.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Noted...thanks.

em3 wrote:Perfection !

But don't forget to apply some helicopter tape to chainstay area behind chainrings....one incident of chainsuck could ruin perfection.

KB

by KB

A beautifully simple uncluttered look. Love it, love the colour and the weight's sensational. Chapeau.

MattBeOne

by MattBeOne

Helicopter tape? Please inform the unknowing here? ;)

zulu695

by zulu695

MattBeOne wrote:

Helicopter tape? Please inform the unknowing here? ;)

transparent protective tape, very useful to protect your frame

http://www.racerstape.com/heli.html

aarw

by aarw

Oh my. just...everything. Super job, congrats.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

This build is unreal... I tip my hat to you sir for a job well done... One question though... how are the chaining?
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

F45

by F45

I like how you picked light parts but didn't skimp on functionality. That Berk bar/stem combo is a work of art.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Good question -- they shift fine on the stand but will know for sure when they're put to the test on the road, including off-the-saddle hill climbs to test for flex.
jimaizumi wrote:This build is unreal... I tip my hat to you sir for a job well done... One question though... how are the chaining?

Indeed -- very pleased with how the bar/stem integration turned out. Berk's integrated saddle/post is also tempting but the probability of a misfit is rather high given the number of variables.
F45 wrote:I like how you picked light parts but didn't skimp on functionality. That Berk bar/stem combo is a work of art.

Vallinotti

by Vallinotti

audiophilitis wrote:I've been using them exclusively on my bikes since they came out in 2012. Housings are among the lightest out there and I like them because they have a relatively small diameter. Been experimenting their use in conjunction with different cables (KCNC Ti, Powercords, Campy steel). So far, I've only had issues with Powercords when used for the RD -- just couldn't get it to shift properly. Aican + Powercords for FD was fine. Installation is straightforward -- but probably because this was my 4th Aican install. Feel free to PM if you have further questions.

stuka666 wrote:Awesome, congrats.

How do you rate the Aican cable housings? For quality and installation?

How does the fibulas perform with theses kcnc brakes?

eric01

by eric01

Beautiful. Frame color is really nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

Reamens

by Reamens

Osom!!!

dolophonic

by dolophonic

top job .. looks great ..!

goleafsgo5

by goleafsgo5

Wow just speechless ! May I ask if your in Canada GTA area ? Reason I ask is weather sucks here and Hot Tubes is local.... If you are let know I need to shoot you a PM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com