FL's Canyon Aeroad CF SLX

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

farm_lim

by farm_lim

thanks still!

@audiophilitis- they are not as 'abrasive' as other matte finishes, i just use household cleaner and wipe it off or usual soap and water with rag when i wash the bike off. doesnt turn to gloss too as per my experience with the matte ultimate CF that i had before.
you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Really beautiful Aeroad! Even beats the Ultimate CF which I think you previously had.

Do the non-aero bar bikes come with the Acros headset or flat headset cover + steerer tube expansion plug + top cap? I see that you're using a top cap (with expansion plug?) in this setup, but why did you need to make your own headset cap?

I have an Ultimate CF SL that I'm considering to slam the last 8~10mm by replacing the Acros headset with a setup like yours (and micropox's) Ultimates. But I'm having a hell of a time finding the right cap + plug + cover combo. Canyon's website is no help, they only list the "Plane Top Cover Set for Aeroad" for sale. Should I e-mail Canyon directly? Are you up for machining some more of those delrin or alloy headset covers?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

farm_lim

by farm_lim

thanks kibbler!

they come with acros headset, 16mm teardrop-shaped cover, plug and top cap. the cap im using was a leftover from my ultimate CF. and yes, wanted to get lower from the 16mm stock cover.

they actually have it, just not on the webshop. this was the email from canyon before.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our headset.

All our "Aeroad CF SLX" bikes and frames are equipped with the an Head-Set with a height of 16mm +1 spacer á 5mm + 2 Spacer á 10mm. Unfortunately, due to our serial-production a delivery of an unshortened fork is not possible.

Alternatively, there is the "Acros Head-Set-Cap 4.5mm" (Article no.: A1005740) for 25 Euro. As this head-set cap does not feature an I-lock, you will also need the article "Smolik Wedge for One One Four fork" (Article No.: A1012675) for 19.95 Euro. Please note that this option is not available as an exchange, but may only be ordered additionally

Please note that if the fork is shortened, you will lose your 30-day right of return.

I hope I was able to help you with my e-mail. If you have any further questions or difficulties, please contact us stating your customer id Dxxxxxxx again.

Best Regards,

Martin Rietscher
Servicecenter

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Excellent, thank you for the helpful info!

mroek

by mroek

How does one adjust the headset on these bikes? There is mention that it has the i-lock headset, but there is no grub screw (to adjust the headset load/tension) to be seen?

bfno

by bfno

Really cool bike, got a frame on order but who knows when it will arrive. How was installing the EPS? Theres a mounting point for an internal battery isn't there in the DT but does this fit a Campy or just shimano? I am tempted to go Campy on my build, but the frame looks well equipped to handle Shimano and I'd rather the clean integration if campy doesn't fit easily. I know you don't have the integrated bar/stem but I was also wonder if the EPS DTI will fit in the designated slot, does anyone have any clue? From what I have read the DTI is smaller than the Di2 Junction so it should fit, but with Movistar running the DTI externally it makes me wonder if it is (although this could just be for ease of maintenance.).
Thanks
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

farm_lim

by farm_lim

mrock- standard headset wiyh expander plug. see 2 replies above yours.

bfno- there is an internal battery mount for shimano lower in the downtube.
EPS V2 internal batt which we all know goes on either of the bottle cage bosses. mine is on the downtube bosses. no modifications done whatsoever. also described how i knstalled on the previous page.

mroek

by mroek

farm_lim wrote:mrock- standard headset wiyh expander plug. see 2 replies above yours.
Thanks, just me being a little dense, obviously...

arne

by arne

superb build farm_lim!!

Whats your seat height?

mudrii

by mudrii

Hi

Nice frame :)
I would much appreciate if you could answer to the post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=132416

Thx

farm_lim

by farm_lim

arne wrote:superb build farm_lim!!

Whats your seat height?

arne, 695mm

Racer7

by Racer7

Where did you get the ovail rails adapter? Thanks
~NEVER GIVE UP~

farm_lim

by farm_lim

Racer7 wrote:Where did you get the ovail rails adapter? Thanks

can order from canyon.
7x9 rail clamp for the S27 aero seatpost (item number A1049598)

mudrii

by mudrii

Please can anybody post some clear pictures how is di2 cable exit for FD and connected to FD on Aeroad CF SLX ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com