Colnago Extreme C

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

KB, this build kicks ass!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

KB

by KB

I hope so Frankie. I've not ridden it yet. I've been in Nigeria working for the best part of 20 years, but I'm now semi-retired. So, this is my first winter at home since '95 and I'm struggling with the cold (my wife keeps calling me a poofter and to man up); all my riding is done on the turdo at the moment. But I'm hoping to get out on the Nago this coming Sunday.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That's probably one of my favorite paint schemes of that era, simply because it's just black and white, versus some of the multicolor swirly stuff they had going on then. Your build choices resulted in a really nice overall package. Well done. I'm not surprised this frame weighs less than a C60 at all. Firstly, the C60 isn't exactly light by today's standards, and secondly, the Extreme C was "extreme" for Colnago in that it was so light (for them). It actually had a rider weight limit back then, probably conservative, but still a rarity for Colnago. Today, manufacturers seem to build super light stuff with no weight limit. Instead, they give a lifetime warranty, which many seem to have to use multiple times in some cases, as long as they live to exercise it. Enjoy the ride.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

KB

by KB

Also my favourite paint scheme from that era as well. May seem daft, but the clincher for me is that it doesn't have the rainbow bands on the headtube. The one I had before I had all the paint stripped and then had it done in a satin black. This was before Colnago started to do a similar offering.

PSM

by PSM

Get yourself some Acetone. ☺

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

He will need sandpaper to clean up that post! That being said, I think the aesthetics/shape of that post is not good with the frame. I would go with something to match the stem.