Orbea Orca M50 Team - My team bike for 2015

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Clockel

by Clockel

So here is my rig for 2015. It is a 2014 M50 Team. It is my first Orbea, and probably my last. Sponsor bike.

2014 Orbea Orca M50 Team 55cm
Ultegra 6800
175mm Crank 53/36
Shimano DA 7900 wheels - training
Challenge Criterium tyres
FFWD F6R - racing
Vittoria Corsa Evo Cx tubular tyres
PRO Classic bend bars
Hidden logo (should be) 130mm stem
Ultegra Pedals
Selle Italia Flow SL saddle
Bike weight is probably not to be public, but it is 7.2kg with race wheels. A bit heavier with training wheels.

31yo USA Elite rider - sprinter
Lighter in race season, heavier in winter...

gravity

by gravity

Re: Probably your last. What gives?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Really nice bike!

jbaillie

by jbaillie

"It is my first Orbea, and probably my last. Sponsor bike."

You sound nonplused, but it's a really nice looking bike.

trustbran

by trustbran

That looks good :thumbup:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

blue accents and red wheel accents clash like crazy. Adjust your hood position on those bars. Otherwise, i like those frames. Really sweet, and good luck this season!

Clockel

by Clockel

nathanong87 wrote:blue accents and red wheel accents clash like crazy. Adjust your hood position on those bars. Otherwise, i like those frames. Really sweet, and good luck this season!

Well, not sure where our bike sponsor will go next year.

I adjust hoods never. They are set on classic bend bars, why would I adjust? They are adjusted to my favor, and everyone is different. On an ergo bar, I ride with them high. Don't need brake levers in a sprint now do I? Blue accents and red accents aren't necessarily a bad thing. I just ride what my team gives me. Thanks for the wishes, hopefully will be a winning season.

damond

by damond

Clockel wrote:So here is my rig for 2015. It is a 2014 M50 Team. It is my first Orbea, and probably my last. Sponsor bike.

yeah, you truly deserve that sponsorship with that kind of statement......if i was your sponsor and was reading that, i wouldn't ever sponsor you again :roll: :roll: :roll:

DcGrady

by DcGrady

Hi! Sorry, do you have the feeling that the frame is very soft?

Clockel

by Clockel

damond wrote:
Clockel wrote:So here is my rig for 2015. It is a 2014 M50 Team. It is my first Orbea, and probably my last. Sponsor bike.

yeah, you truly deserve that sponsorship with that kind of statement......if i was your sponsor and was reading that, i wouldn't ever sponsor you again :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nah mate, its just you don't know our contract length. Has nothing to do with my interest in the frame.

Clockel

by Clockel

DcGrady wrote:Hi! Sorry, do you have the feeling that the frame is very soft?

Surprisingly stiff actually. it is my first aero road frame, and after coming from the Tarmac Pro SL4, I find it almost as stiff in BB. The rear triangle on the M50, however, is much stiffer. I accelerates very well. As a crit frame, Tarmac is a better bike. But as a Road Race and overall bike, I prefer the M50. It feels amazing on the longer days above 4-5 hours. Generally, I like the bike better than I thought I would. As most of you know, you just get used to your setup and the way a frameset feels, so when you switch, it takes some time to get used to it. Good bike, I am happy with it.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Clockel wrote:I adjust hoods never. They are set on classic bend bars, why would I adjust? They are adjusted to my favor, and everyone is different.

just giving u a hard time. Usually classic bar etiquette is to match the bottom of the drop line to the tip of the lever. no worries.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I'm with clockel on this one, slightly tilted up shallow bars with the levers clamped low gives a better transition on the hoods

I also think the drops are more comfortable than when parallel to the ground

Clockel

by Clockel

nathanong87 wrote:
Clockel wrote:I adjust hoods never. They are set on classic bend bars, why would I adjust? They are adjusted to my favor, and everyone is different.

just giving u a hard time. Usually classic bar etiquette is to match the bottom of the drop line to the tip of the lever. no worries.

Haha, no worries. For the record, I am back on my 73* stem and have changed to my semi anatomical bar which gives a better position for sprint. I have huge hands and the classic bar, although more pretty, is not working in my sprint. But, yes, the classic bars look best when parallel with the ground. To each his own I suppose.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com