Specialized Shivenge ´15

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Fiery

by Fiery

Why do you need the 76 degree seat tube angle? I don't doubt that you know what you are doing, just interested in the reasoning behind it.

DMF

by DMF

I have weird body proportions along with some flexibility issues, so I can't make any real use of my calves when seated further back due to short femur bones, and I get my handlebars way too high for comfort if I try to remedy the tight hip angle a more rearward saddle would impose without raising the bars.

Although, I really find this disproportionate and dysfunctional body mainly positive for aerodynamics and handing with the only drawback that finding regular road frames that fit is a real pain...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dofman

by dofman

Looks like we have the exact same issue, very impressive and clever how you managed to get away with a tt bike.

mile2424

by mile2424

nicely done, I have been considering doing this ever since I saw Robert Egger's Lunch Ride Shiv. Looks like it would a blast!

Fiery

by Fiery

DMF wrote:I have weird body proportions along with some flexibility issues, so I can't make any real use of my calves when seated further back due to short femur bones, and I get my handlebars way too high for comfort if I try to remedy the tight hip angle a more rearward saddle would impose without raising the bars.

Although, I really find this disproportionate and dysfunctional body mainly positive for aerodynamics and handing with the only drawback that finding regular road frames that fit is a real pain...

Thanks for the explanation. How's the pressure on your hands with a position rotated so far forward?

DMF

by DMF

Fiery, actually my twisted body proportions luckily include some very long arms, so the pelvis is rotated at a neutral angle and thus I really don't put much strain on the palms or wrists.

mile2424, yeah I especially like his "74" custom paintwork, that one is very nicely done!

dofman, if you're in the same seat I can really recommend it. Just have a look at reach, front-center and HTA/trail, for a lot of size medium or large TT/Tri frames these figures are on par with the size up road bike equivalent. Size small TT/Tri frames often suffer from slack HTA and don't have correct fork offset to counteract the shortish trail figures... either that or manufacturers reckon smaller riders can't handle anything else than slow steering.