by burglarboycie

They are nice looking wheels but I don't think they would work on this bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

NiFTY wrote:If the question is would a single yellow item stand out in on a bike that contains no yellow the answer can only be yes.

I know you are right......they are such a good deal though! Ugh......back to the search.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

nathanong87 wrote:
btompkins0112 wrote:OPINION NEEDED!

slam that stem?

You're killing me, Nate! I am almost there.....just a few more KG of winter/baby weight and I am going to commit to the slam. :thumbup: :beerchug:

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

xena wrote:Nice looking bike. It looks really good as it is. If your going for some new wheels , what about some hand built wheels.............Slam that stem :)

I was considering a set of Archetypes and White Industries blue hubs......but I was hoping for an all black brake track that won't wear off. I also thought about ordering some Farsports clinchers with DT350 hubs, but I like the braking/no worries of aluminum rims. :noidea:

Also, I like riding gravel/dirt roads so worried about CCs on that type of terrain.

Michel

by Michel

how about Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite? They are cheaper than the Mavics, almost the same cool black look and do have campa technology inside!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I thought about the Fulcrums also, but the silver nipples turned me off to them.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

btompkins0112 wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:
btompkins0112 wrote:OPINION NEEDED!

slam that stem?

You're killing me, Nate! I am almost there.....just a few more KG of winter/baby weight and I am going to commit to the slam. :thumbup: :beerchug:

CaptainP

by CaptainP

btompkins0112 wrote:I thought about the Fulcrums also, but the silver nipples turned me off to them.

Exactly!

KWalker

by KWalker

All black looks cool, but I have yet to see a ceramic coating that doesn't wear. Exalith comes close, but then you get a harsh riding wheel and proprietary spokes. I'd go with some good handbuilts and call it a day.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Krull

by Krull

btompkins0112 wrote:
NiFTY wrote:If the question is would a single yellow item stand out in on a bike that contains no yellow the answer can only be yes.

I know you are right......they are such a good deal though! Ugh......back to the search.

sorry, just for my understanding: thats about the yellow mavic-stickers? why not simply removing those?
i although cleaned my rsys (btw, not harsh at all, quite the opposite, very smooth ride), no problem at all.
regards

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

No, the 125th anniversary wheels have a yellow spoke and hubs

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Spin Engineering Wheels seen to be pretty highly rated, are wider than Mavics, competitive on price, and the red detailing would pick out the red detail on the frame.

burggiebaby

by burggiebaby

I would reccomend A set of Velocity A23's with a all black rim. The rim color is anadized all the way through

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Well.....had a few too many this weekend and ordered a set of Farsports clinchers. Went with a CHEAP set with the bitex hubs to test their durability on the roads/gravel that I ride and if they handle it I will probably order a set with the DT hubs.

tinozee

by tinozee

Nice bike. You in the US? I was looking at some great deals at some euro retailers selling Fulcrum dark and Metron wheels for pretty low prices. The dollar is strong lately which helps I think. Not sure of the metron quality but they look good on this bike.

n/m - just noticed you said you ordered wheels. Those farsports clinchers looked like a good buy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com