Cannondale Supersix EVO

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

Ridden my bike in many different 100+ degree climates and never had electrical tape come unwrapped, but a huge BUT

There are different grades and qualities of electrical tape. I tend to buy the most expensive Scotch version (88 I think?), which has a much stronger glue it seems.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

WOW....like I have been out of the loop for a few days due to the server outage/login issues, etc. and missed the entire crazy shenanigans that have occurred above......classic stuff bros. Anywho, I am not a tape to bar wrapper and have been occasionally bothered by the "shrinkage" that occurs from the electrical tapes exposure to heat. So I have begun an informal study on the use of 3M friction tape as finishing tape and can report back that in the frigid (30-50f) weather of central Mississippi it has held up well, looks fresh, and generally appears tidy after a month or so of rising. I cannot report any negative findings at this tine; however, I will be able to add more when the temps rise to those mimicking the surface of the sun (100-110f accompanied by 99.999%, or whatever is just less than raining, humidity).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Love your post. Your experience mirrors mine. Been using 3m friction tape for at least 10 years.

Taters gonna Tate.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

nathanong87 wrote:electrical tape is the perfect finishing tape. As long as doods are taping tape to tape, and not taping to bars.

btompkins, u have so many caads haha

I am tape to tape, I promise! Thanks for the bike love too as I am a fan of the CAADS.....I would have had another if my shop didn't have a killer deal on this hunk of carbon.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

WheresWaldo wrote:Love your post. Your experience mirrors mine. Been using 3m friction tape for at least 10 years.

Taters gonna Tate.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I kinda dig the fabric-ie look to tell you the truth....think I saw something similar on a Vanilla or something that was posted on Above Category or Radavist....

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Doods, here is the finished wrapping job. Tape-to-tape, of course and fairly tidy imho.

ImageImage

p.s. Does anyone have a spare 5mm Supersix conical space laying around? I would also be interested in a Slamthatstem bearing cover.

headwind816

by headwind816

I am about to buy you new pedals, LOL. Replace those red LOOK KEOs.

numberSix

by numberSix

Dood! Hiding under the 25mm cone of sadness is a Supersix slamcap. Get lower, for free! YW

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Nope.....already took a look to find only sadness....no slamness.

p.s. Just ordered some graphite Keos

numberSix

by numberSix

are you ...sure?
The flat cap tends to stick to the bottom of the horrific cone of shame.

My 2013 frame set came with this headset group, although the 5mm cap says Supersix and the cone is 25mm IIRC
http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannondale-SuperSix-EVO-Complete-Headset--KP203_p_356.html
edit: dOH! probably not the right set as it doesn't have KP017 lightened expander

$10 for the 5mm cap:
http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannondale-SuperSix-5MM-Top-Plate-Cap--KP253_p_1949.html
out of stock :cry:

Slam That Stem has gone LBS-only http://metallicpoutine.com/our-dealers/

kkibbler

by kkibbler

That's one of if not my favorite colorways. Really quite lovely. Would look even better with SISL cranks and some Spiderings.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Damn......y'all are killing me. You are so right, of course....just hurts the pocketbook! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

numberSix

by numberSix

does the cone have a rubber disc around the base? My 2010 CAAD9 was that way; I put a 5mm carbon steerer spacer on top of the upper bearing, then put the disc around the spacer. Not as water resistant as a proper top cap, but it works.

Friends don't let friends use un-slammed stems.