Ritchey Road Logic - Updated 2/27 Build List and Pics

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

roberto21

by roberto21

N3xus989 wrote:Nice build! Looking forward to seeing some pictures (and weight of course!)
If there is a chance, try to have a look at the Chris King bb in person? Heard of some instance where it would look purple instead of gunmetal grey under certain lighting angles.
Have fun with the build :)

Thanks for the heads up. I was worried about the color matching, so we ended up ordering a black one!

I updated some weights on the spreadsheet and will edit the above post tonight.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Ritchey Road Logic -- 7.56 kg
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Hi, i see you have now opted for the challenge Parigi Roubaix tires. From first hand experience i can tell you that the rear tire fits, but only just. a bit of sprinting and out of the saddle effort will make it touch the chain stays. This happens because Challenge states on the PR tire that it is 27mm, but in reality it is 30mm. The best option is the Strada it is listed as a 25mm and it turns out to be a 27mm.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Quinn039

by Quinn039

road logics always turn out nice, looking forward to seeing this!

roberto21

by roberto21

Sorry for the delay everyone, the build is finished and I am overly happy with the bike. I will update the build list and add some pictures later today.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

roberto21

by roberto21

Pics and spec sheet added.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

Dallez

by Dallez

Nice build roberto21! Looks pretty similar to mine, seen http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115880&start=45.

I was looking over our build lists as yours weighs about 400g less than mine and it seems like the big areas were saddle, pedals, your tubular assaults vs my clinchers and lastly cables. Your cable set was nearly 100g less than mine (which was Gore On included with my SRAM Red 10s shifters). Which jagwire cables are you using specifically?

Enjoy your Road Logic!

roberto21

by roberto21

Thanks Dallez! The cable weight was an estimate after they were cut to length, seeing as the kit weighed around 250g before I started and most of it ended up in the garbage. Everything else was confirmed on the scale, so after seeing the final weight, I guess I was fairly close.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

roberto21

by roberto21

finally got out on a few rides. this bike feels amazing. nice and smooth, but light enough that it feels plenty snappy and quick. really happy so far with this bike, now i just need it to warm up a bit so i get get out on some more long rides.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

Are you still riding this? I love the look of this frame, well done.

Booge

by Booge

New to this forum. Been given the go ahead from the wife for a new bike project. Ritchey Road logic frameset is currently top of the list.....however a few questions for the educated here.
In Australia there is currently no Ritchey distributor, can't find any stock for a look or speak to staff about sizing. I'm 6'2" and though I might squeeze onto a 57 cm, or am I 59cm? Current road bike has a 585mm eff top tube measurement. Emailed Ritchey USA and they didn't want to quote a size but said to go to a bike store for a fit.

Next question, how light can you get a complete build with spending crazy money? I want it around 7kg (15.5lb) Am thinking Sram Red, Ritchey carbon bars stem post, already have Campag Eurus wheels.

If it's all too hard I might just buy a Canyon complete bike for $4000AUD and it will be just over 7kg.

Marin

by Marin

I'm 186cm and I ride a 55 :)

My build is 7.1kg with a Rival/Red mix when I put in the lightest wheels.

Booge

by Booge

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting some varied responses from other online stores i've asked! Do you have a long stem and set back post for that size frame?

Is the frame more stretched out than other road frames?

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

Booge wrote:Thanks for the reply. I'm getting some varied responses from other online stores i've asked! Do you have a long stem and set back post for that size frame?

Is the frame more stretched out than other road frames?

What frame are you riding now? It might be easier to compare the stack/reach of your current frame against the two sizes you mention, then factor in some tweaks with stem length and spacers to get your bars in a similar position.

The 57cm has a Stack of 587mm and Reach of 401mm
The 59cm has a Stack of 607mm and Reach of 410mm

Both have a 73.5 deg seat angle, so seat post/saddle position shouldn't be much of an issue between the two sizes it is really cockpit length and height.

The Road Logic was on the list of options that I recently considered along with the two steel Condors, I ended up with a Genesis Volare 931 - the fit was pretty close to my other bike and the price was really good.

Booge

by Booge

From my Retul fit, the stack and reach for the 57cm Ritchey is almost exactly like my current bike set up. Although i do have quite a few spacers under my stem which I don't like the look of. With all the measurements being slightly different between my frame and this I wasn't sure if some of the other differences would throw out the stack and reach figures. I noticed the head tube length on the 59cm Ritchey was longer than my current bike which would hopefully mean few less spacers.

Didn't want to end up with a awkwardly small frame that had a super long stem and really set back post just so I could fit. The numbers and angles confuse me !

I'm probably over thinking it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

The 59cm get you 20mm more stack with an extra 9mm of reach, however, depending on the length stem you are currently using, you might be able to go a touch shorter to give you a similar overall reach.

There is an excel workbook that is useful for comparing the geometry and set up of two different bikes and giving some info about comparing front end contact points. http://gearinches.com/blog/misc/bike-ge ... comparator