Sycip RLS...updated

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

go4custom

by go4custom

NAHBS was a great weekend for us at the Sycip booth. Great press and response on all bikes and the opportunity to meet Valentino Campagnolo.
The bike here is something new for Sycip in the sense of moving from traditional round tubes and different internal routing. It uses Columbus HSS tubing with T47 BB and True Temper S3 seatstays. Internal routed frames previously were done with holes bored out with reinforcement brazed on. This frame uses small tubes about an inch long with cable stops brazed inside, then these are brazed inside the main tubes, then sanded flush on the outside. Full external tapered headset moves from a straight 44mm.

Arriving next week will be some Bora one 35's tubulars dark labels.

Enjoy!

Specs & Weights:
Frame w/HS cups-1813 (Cups were pressed in before I realized I hadn't weighed the frame. I believe cups and bearings are around 165g. Puts the frame around 1650g)
Columbus FEL Fork-325g
EE Brakes-160 + hardware 12g
Reynolds blue Pads-20g
Super Record Cranks-626g
Super Record FD-74g
Super Record RD-165g
Super Record Chain-226g
Super Record Right shifter-166g
Super Record Left shifter-165g
Super Record Cables/Housing- 153g
EE Expander plug-9g
Continental Competition 25c Tires-275g ea
Tune Cages-18g/ 4 bolts 8g
Tune DC-14 Skewers-36g
Tune Seat clamp-10g
Recon Alum 11-23 black Cassette-100
Fizik Cyrano 00 Bar-177
Fizik R1 Stem-135
Fizik Cyrano 00 Post-198
Fizik Bartape-92
Argonaut T47 BB-85
Berk Composites Saddle-71g
Hermes Sport Tubulars-1245g
Last edited by go4custom on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Looks nice...well done!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Awesome looking bike

timjerome

by timjerome

really really nice and clean looking.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Saw this at NAHBS it looked great
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

go4custom

by go4custom

So I've had a few hundred miles on the bike now and initial reports are exactly what I was looking for and envisioning when going through the build process with Jeremy.

Changes in geometry and measurements from my previous frame were to slow the responsiveness/twitchy feel ever-so-slightly but still make for a quick handling bike. HA went to 72.5 and SA to 74, from 73 & 73. Fork Rake from 43 to 45 and TT length from 55 to 54cm. Stem from 110mm to 120mm. The wheelbase ended up being very close to the same with the chainstay length staying at 405mm.

My previous frame was very responsive to body input and hip movement, TWITCHY, especially on fast twisty descents. While this made for a fun bike, it also meant I had to fully pay attention to my descending. On the flip side, my Swift Ultravox Ti, feels a little more relaxed or lazy when descending. I wanted this frame to be closer to my previous Sycip, but a not so twitchy. This bike is just that! On the flats, it is quick to accelerate and responds to power almost immediately. I think the quickness can be attributed to the 23mm round chainstays and the huge 42mm shaped HSS downtube. Climbing is met with no noticeable flex or loss in power when putting power down seated or standing. It feels like it moves forward equal to each pedal stroke and power being put in; whereas my carbon Swift feels a bit dead or maybe sluggish, like I have to put more power down to increase my momentum or speed slightly even though the Swift is 2lbs lighter with the same wheels. Comfort has been a pleasant surprise. It has a feel that I can only attribute to what steel is known for and what I remember from an old carbon/steel Lemond Zurich I used to ride. It stays connected to the road, soaking up feedback and distributing those bumps through the whole bike, unlike my Specialized E5 aluminum bike. And I'm happy to report the Berk Saddle is more comfortable than you'd think a 73g all carbon saddle would be. Longest ride so far has been 2.5hrs and no problems. A friend I was riding with the other day wouldn't believe me...he ended up riding it for about a half hour and could not stop talking about how it was more comfortable than his Antares.

AZR3

by AZR3

Wow! I can honestly say I would not change a thing, it's perfect! One of the best looking builds I've seen on weightweenies. Congratulations on a stunning bike

Bely

by Bely

Wowoweewah!!! What a beauty!! Congrats on a neck sprainer!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Lovely bike. Bonus points for T47.

tbrix

by tbrix

Oh my. I'll be in my bunk.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

go4custom

by go4custom

Need some thoughts/opinions on bora wheels. I've been holding out on some Bora 35 Dark Labels. But I've got an opportunity to get some bright labels for under cost.

-Keep holding out for Dark Labels thinking they will match much better?
-Or...take the Bright Labels for under cost, but not sure how they will look with the Red?

Help.......

junchen

by junchen

Dark labels would go better. More stealth. And more attention would be on the nice frame.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

michel2

by michel2

love the paint job, and considering the quality of the custom paint jobs that you see in todays custom market i think that says alot. i would nearly say something along the lines of it being understated yet eye popping. the build or the frame itself it awesome ofcourse, i got the same chainstays waiting for me in a comming build, they look hugmongus when you have them in your hands, yes they are really light ! enjoy !!

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

simply fantastic. one of the nicest and most exciting builds i have ever seen! :thumbup:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com