by PSM

So... a picture would be nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MartyWild

by MartyWild

PSM wrote:So... a picture would be nice.

I know, I know.... I will try and get some pics as soon as possible.

MartyWild

by MartyWild

A sneaky taster....

MartyWild

by MartyWild

Some of the bike build weights...

PSM

by PSM

Taking a photograph these days isn't so easy. Especially if you want it to be on your screen. :doh:

MartyWild

by MartyWild

Haha, tres funny! I am aware the pics are an annoying size. I'm having to host them on FB and there is no way of making the images smaller. I used to use ImageShack but doesn't it cost money now?!

Figured in this situation, the too large for the screen shots were just about ok! I don't bloody know, man asks for pictures then shoots ya down! =)

PSM

by PSM

If you e-mail me a pic... :)

MartyWild

by MartyWild

You'll resize them? =)

MartyWild

by MartyWild

Posted this in another thread about V1-Rs, so thought I would put it here too.

I took mine out on some proper hills for the first time this weekend, it was immense! Got PRs all over the shop despite it being so early on in the season. Still early days, have covered 130 miles or so.

My initial impressions when comparing this bike to my Pinarello F3:13 as follows:

- The bike rails through through the bends with solidarity. But the initial turn in requires more of a push than the F3:13, but once you've told the bike where it is going it complies with confidence inspiring ease.

- I would definitely say the bike transfers more power to the road than the 2007 Pinnarello, the climbs really felt easier and more economical, that said the V1-R weighs 700g less than the Pinarello.

- The rear brake is undoubtedly harder to work on. I am running Nokon cables too, in one review of the bike the bike was criticised for poor rear brake feel. With the EE DM at the back, yes the lever feel is a little more restricted than the non-internally routed braking on the Pinarello. But in some ways, I actually prefer a bit of a tougher pull on the back, as in my mind it means it makes the back brake less grappy and inclined to lock.

- Over all stopping power from the EE DM brakes with Zipp Tangente Platinum pads has been excellent, great modulation and some real power behind it!

- The bike feels very fast and it has been windy here this March, there has been times when I've looked down at the Garmin to be surprised to see my speed into a headwind. How much of this is down to the slippiness of the frame, of course I can't truly account for.

- Ride quality has been excellent so far, less crashy than the medium modulus Pinnarello running the same Zipp 404s.

MartyWild

by MartyWild

Here are a few pics, I don't know why they are a bit fuzzy!

And Eastbourne's answer to Ventoux...

MartyWild

by MartyWild

As for the looks of the bike, I didn't even start out to buy a V1-R, I was looking at Aeroads or F8s. But after a 3D fit, I was told the V1'R was a better fit for me. I must say, the bike has grown and grown on me, I just think it looks amazing now. I had originally ordered the frame with the red decals, but when it arrived it had been damaged in transit. But the stealth black on black, has completely and utterly won me over! I just love how this bike looks and is understated.

I'm sure not eveyr one is going to be feeling the red sidewalls, but I had a load of red PS4s that need using. So I've tried to draw the red out with the red Garmin case, red stitching on the saddle etc.

Comments welcomed!
Last edited by MartyWild on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartyWild

by MartyWild

PSM wrote:If you e-mail me a pic... :)

Just for you, still need to get out with the Digi SLR for some proper pics.

boots2000

by boots2000

What is your saddle height on the colnago?

MartyWild

by MartyWild

Size 54 frame, according to my Retul fitting, my saddle is... 761mm (from BB to centre of saddle).

Is that the info you need?

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Thats a sharp looking bike, great to see some completed pictures.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com