Black and yellow Chinese 'Dogma'

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Looks pretty damn good to me.....sharp bike, for sure. I understand some folks sentiment that it is a copy, but without decals I can't fault you for getting the frame.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Other than the initial shock, I am impressed with what you did. Also the fact that you did not "Brand" it as a Chinarello. Pinarello did not lose any money on this deal as you sound like the cost of entry is just too steep to justify, so you were never really their customer to begin with. I also agree that a lot of Aero road bikes look similar and in areas where Pinarello has little or no exposure it is highly unlikely that anyone will think it is a genuine Pinarello. I would try to find 2mm shorter bolts for the seat mast retainer and match the heads, one plain and one tapered head just looks unfinished.

@MattSoutherden, yeah the first thing I thought of was a Utilities Vechicle when I saw the color.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDoc

by TheDoc

Did you get to weigh the frameset itself?

prebsy

by prebsy

As outrageous as that paint job is I just can't look away!!! I would love to see that frame with a black seat post and some deep wheels. What company did you buy the frame from?

bencolem

by bencolem

From a distance it looks ace, from up close the paint work around the rear dropout looks a bit shocking and the bottle cage mounts look like rough piles of weld on the frame! Interested to hear how it rides, certainly looks good from a distance.

glepore

by glepore

Very nice. Agree that I'd like to see it with a black seatpost. Had a k1200rs BMW in that color and was smitten. Didn't realize that they'd cloned the F8 already.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

boneyfish

by boneyfish

99% of the paint job is immaculate... It's around the sharp edges like the head tube, seat tube and bottom bracket that the paint gets a bit flaky.

I think a black seat post would have looked good also. As for the seat screws, I might utilise those to hold my rear reflector, as it's required by law here when riding in the dark (along with lights).

Am I allowed to disclose where I got a copied frame from on this forum?

boneyfish

by boneyfish

This is my first carbon frame so it's hard for me to give you a comparison. It's yet to fall apart on me if that's any comfort.

Roel W

by Roel W

I don't like it.
I don't like the original F8 neither: to bulky and too much curves.

Maybe I'm not used to a bare painted frame but IMHO a frame needs at least one decal.
I should put "Chinarello" on it in the same typography as Pinarello. :)

If I had not too much money to spend I would have bought a high end alloy frame with a 105 groupset. Enough possibilities out there: Rose Xeon RS is a really cheap and good looking bike, Cannondale CAAD 10, Specialized Allez, Canyon Ultimate AL,...

Madone69

by Madone69

It is not right to put anyhting Campagnolo on anything replica :evil:
that is reserved for Sram & Shimano :shock: :sorry:

boneyfish

by boneyfish

Haha, if I had known they were dubbed "Chinarello" I would have considered putting it somewhere small and discreet on the frame, maybe on the inside of the main triangle. And again, for the money, I got myself what is basically a no name chinese made carbon frame, which I think is better value than an aluminium branded item (assuming this frame had decent quality control, and yes I know some aluminium frames are top spec).

I ordered those Campagnolo wheels from wiggle, and on the import document, it states that the country of origin is Taiwan. I hope you know that not all genuine Campagnolo parts are actually made in Italy. Not everything is sacred (though I've watched the GCN videos, and how they manufature their groupsets was thoroughly interesting).

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

boneyfish wrote:Haha, if I had known they were dubbed "Chinarello" I would have considered putting it somewhere small and discreet on the frame, maybe on the inside of the main triangle. And again, for the money, I got myself what is basically a no name chinese made carbon frame, which I think is better value than an aluminium branded item (assuming this frame had decent quality control, and yes I know some aluminium frames are top spec).

I ordered those Campagnolo wheels from wiggle, and on the import document, it states that the country of origin is Taiwan. I hope you know that not all genuine Campagnolo parts are actually made in Italy. Not everything is sacred (though I've watched the GCN videos, and how they manufature their groupsets was thoroughly interesting).

I am surprised to find out that "Chinarello" is not a more popular name for these lookalike Chinese Pinarellos. If you reallly want to pay homage to its Chinese heretige, then any sign shop will cut you a vinyl decal. I wanted my signature on my bike so I am experimenting with a personal die-cutter (Sihlouette Cameo) and different stroke widths, here is the result so far.
_2MG5790.jpg

You could make a small "Chinarello" using the Pinarello typeface and put it on the chainstay perhaps , it would be inconspicuous but still there.
Chinarello.png
Chinarello3.png

plasticol

by plasticol

:noidea: Boneyfish. I noticed that you have answered most of the comments regarding your new bike, but ignored the ones that refer specifically as where you got your frame from, after at least two requests.
Any reason for it?

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Try bringing your own product to market, and then tell us if you would be willing to purchase a knock off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danbjpa

by danbjpa

he didn't talk where got because he's afraid if this is out of forum rules

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk