Custom Painted 2015 S-Works Tarmac *updated with current pic

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Thought I would post this one up too. I had the opportunity to have Ron Jones from Specialized paint my race bike for this coming year. Ron is the designer responsible for the Kwiatkowski WC Tarmac, Boonen Venge and Nibali TDF frames among others.

I wanted a bike that was really subtle from a logo standpoint with a contrast of subtle and "loud" colors. The grey is dark matte and the orange/red is pretty hard to have translate on camera. Its a neon orange/red with a gloss pearl clear. The only logos include the "S-Works" on top of the DT like on the CruX and really small "Tarmac" 's on either side of the fork. Oh, and a HT "S". I thought this would contrast well with my other New Tarmac I posted before http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128722

I built it up with 11spd Red, ENVE bars and stem, and new S-Works seatpost. Weight with the ENVE 6.7 clinchers, pedals and cages was 15lbs on the dot. I have 3.4 tubulars and I'm guessing with those it would sit right around 6.5kg.

(was in a hurry with the indoor pics so saddle wasn't level, shoot me. Oh and its since been moved back after the outdoor pic)

Last edited by SLCBrandon on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

Very nice! Well done. :)
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bfno

by bfno

Beautiful! I saw this being painted on Ron's instagram and its very cool to see it built up. Those are two very nice tarmacs you have now!
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

Stammer

by Stammer

Hey man, nice custom painting! How do you find the enve 3.4 vs 6.7? Is there any noticeable different in effort...let say at 40kph.

atb-sjonnie

by atb-sjonnie

Great paint job!!

Question; is the chrome painted or is it a sticker apply?

liam7020

by liam7020

Not usually a Spesh fan but that's a nice job!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

fritzbox

by fritzbox

Wow!!!

shadowman

by shadowman

nice one :!:

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Thanks all. I really like it.

@stammer yes, I'd say, personally I can tell a diff even at around 40kph. I will say I do feel like the 3.4's (both in clincher and tubular) are much more "lively" though.

@ATB yes, it's a decal.

mythical

by mythical

This is definitely one of the most striking paint schemes I've seen on a Specialized Tarmac. I really like the characteristic visually attention-grabbing red paired with a stealthy grey. I do find that rest of the parts with the blacked out logo's could use a bit of lively contrast, like the silver on the frame and logo's on the crankset. Maybe add some chrome Enve decals? Oh, and nowadays any bike with stealthy components isn't complete without a black chain. :wink:

Other than that, a well-executed, fantastic looking bike! :beerchug:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

gpeterson63

by gpeterson63

Live in SLC?

ross

by ross

Pics could be bigger ;)

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Looks amazing. I really like that paint job.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

@mythical really good points and I may take your advice on the crank arms and stem. The wheels will likely stay as is because I swap my wheels around to other bikes quite often.

@ross I'll post up some bigger ones here soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com