2015 FELT AR1 Build Thread:

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

itsacarr wrote:http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp539%3C2%3Enu%3D3348%3E594%3E5%3A2%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3A%3A4483%3A%3B337nu0mrj

This one is different than the other Venge I was referencing but close enough for government work - only point however was the fact that the frame was right in the ballpark with other fancy pants aero frames.

Ill hold out for a 900 gram painted aero bike myself though lol.

Removing the BB alone drops that frame below 1100g.....

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Subscribed.
This is going to be a very nice (and beautiful) build.
The frame+fork weight seems to be inline with the design, maybe even lighter than I'd expect. The Aeronova is going to match wonderfully with this. What is the weight of the bars?
I'm no aero frame connoisseur, but why wouldn't Felt go with an ISP design if the seatpost needed to be reinforced to this degree? Then again, aero frames may need more adjusting than a typical road frame.
If you're sponsored by a wheel company, my guess is that it's only a matter of time until new aero shoes arrive. :)
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jordan00

by jordan00

Rwtzero wrote:
jordan00 wrote:Those silver wheels are going to look mint on that frame/ Does the 2015 AR1 model have the same layup as the 2014 frd?

I believe the answer to be "no"... They did add the use of -Textreme- to the AR1 this year, but I believe that the AR-FRD is still a step above, and I would assume lighter. AS it should be for the 4K price tag!

Fair enough! Love the textreme weave though, sets the Felts apart.

Vicelord

by Vicelord

I think it looks like damier graphite.

PhantomRacer

by PhantomRacer

Oh yeahh, looks great so far, im orderet AR1 frame too. Hope it comes next week... its my christmas present for me....
Weight of my 3t Aeronova Handlebar is 212 Gramm, pretty good for some Big Bar, i think.

Greetings out of Germany

Love that Textreme Look....

My frame will be size 58... i will post pictures too

martyno

by martyno

I talked to the distributor form Benelux and they said that the AR1 2015 will in be there in februari. :cry:

the frame looks really awesome. :thumbup:
i ordered mine a week ago size 54.

BmanX

by BmanX

There is no reason an aero bike can't be built up as a climbing bike. My SLC is a prime example of this at around 13lbs. If I had the SLC-SL then the bike would be closer to 12.5 lbs.

The days of a climbing bike vs aero bike are gone if you build a bike right. Anyone telling you different is wrong. You need to get to the hill as quickly as possible, an aero bike is still aero while climbing and when you descend you want to be aero again. Depending on the grade you are climbing, anything under 6% aero still trumps weight.

I will take a 13 lbs aero bike over a 13 lbs non aero bike any day of the week.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Rwtzero

by Rwtzero

ok everyone... so... the build is 99% complete. I say 99% because, as you see, I still have my old wheels (which are the exact same as the new ones, but different color spokes) on. I'm awaiting new tires. I built the bike in a theoretical excel world and came up with a weight of...

ProjectedAR1: Build up in lbs 6.67 kg / 14.69 lbs.... See pictures for actual weight.

Still have some fine tuning to do.. aka saddle angle. :/

Actual weight 6.69 Kg

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Pedals...?

Rwtzero

by Rwtzero

I run crank brothers egg beaters for pedals. Awaiting some new egg beater 11's .. published weight of, 174g.

And before anyone asks... Yes, I'm a cat 1 Mtb racer. :-)

PhantomRacer

by PhantomRacer

looks really great, congrats....

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Do you live in IKEA?

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

I'm interested in knowing about the AR1 sprint characteristics. How does it compare to race type large/round tube frames?

Rwtzero

by Rwtzero

ok .. today was my first ride on the bike, 55 miles of pure bliss!!!!!... I could not be happier!!!!! This bike just wants to get up and MOVE! it sprints like crazy, climbs like mad and the flats are effortless pedaling! The shifting? It's SO smooth, there were times that I had to look back to make sure it actually shifted!

Best riding road bike I have ever owned! Could not be happier!

Ikea? no... that's my basement, finishing up renovations, hence the tv still isn't hung. :D and yes, we have done all of the work, I'm an Architect.

p.s. I had to get rid of the AER headset (doesn't work)
added a carbon water bottle cage and some heavy Egg Beater pedals until I get the Ti..

Raineman

by Raineman

Looks fantastic but would love to see it with some black deep section wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com