Help me complete my build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

So I am looking for help completing a build. I see a number of awesome builds on this site. I would love an unlimited budget build where I could install things like AXLightness brakes.

However that is not my build. The majority of my budget has been spent on the below components. I am not putting a dollar amount one what I have to complete the build. What I am looking for is suggestions on the best juxtaposition of weight/quality/price.

Frame - Wilier Zero.7
Wheels - Flo30
Pedals - Keo Look

So how can I keep this as a weight weenies build without blowing out a budget.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doyler

by Doyler

Campag Chorus?

ophiravina

by ophiravina

chinese carbon for the bar and seatpost from aliexpress, uno stem from ebay.

ultegra 6800 groupset for the best shifting \sram force 22 will be lighter than ultegra but not as good shifting\ 5800 will perform close to the ultegra and will be cheaper, heavier. I went for the force but it's your choice :wink:

there some chinese carbon saddles that are cheap, light and comfortable but it's a bet. I think that specialized's toupe series are the most comfortable for road cycling and you can go as light as you want depending on the budget. fizik also has some nice saddles, I suggest that you will do a test ride on the saddle before you buy :-)

enjoy building your bike :thumbup:

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

Thanks guys.

My current thought is to pull the Campy Record 10 cranks off my current bike. They are fairly light and will save me some cash. Now I could go with a full campy setup. It is sacrilegious but I am thinking of going with Shimano Di2 setup.

Recommendations on brakes?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Brakes - Planet X CNC 210g and can be found on ebay at a decent price. New they are about £90. Have always worked well for me and I have always found easy to set up.