Scott Foil Team Issue Winter Project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Scott!

by Scott!

After crit racing my Allez for the past three years, I started to look for something to build up for next season. A few of my teammates love their Foils, so when a used Foil frame came up for sale in my size and at the right price I didn't hesitate and bought it. I was happy that the seller included a Force crankset, I only have BB30 in my spares and it would have been another expense for me.

Though I have enough spares to build it up, I need to wait until the team does it's yearly bulk order before I can complete the build. I couldn't resist at least putting some bits on to see how it sits.

It will eventually have a mix of Red and Force, Zipp bar and stem and Quarq crank.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Great looking bike.

I like that you laud the Force crankset for saving you further expense, then later mention you're getting one of the most expensive types of cranks on the market.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Scott!

by Scott!

Baby steps. The Force crank will allow me to at least get it on the road while I save up the money for the Quarq.

v0coder

by v0coder

Looking good. Here is my foil/sram/zipp/quarq fanboy bike.

Now I need to decide whether to go for a ride or rake the yard...

Scott!

by Scott!

Slow going. Team sponsorship deals probably won't go into effect until the new year, so I'm still waiting for some final items. The Deda Newton handlebars I had installed for a test fit just didn't feel right. I found a good deal on a 3T Tornova, so I'll try that out while I wait for the Zipps. Only problem is that the Tornova is internally routed, so all the cabling has to be redone. It has been a great learning process, I've never done an internally routed bicycle before. I've been using cable liner to route the cabling and now that I've figured out a good technique it actually goes pretty quickly. It really helped getting the cables through the Tornova, with some trial and error I was able to get that done without too much trouble.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Good looking frame. Like that nice and shiny finish.