Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 2014

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Westbank

by Westbank

Beautiful bike !!!!!!! Great job removing the decals on the crank.
I'm looking to get the same frameset (same size and same color) but mechanical. It's not easy because Canyon doesn't ship to my country :(

khm1972

by khm1972

Westbank wrote:Beautiful bike !!!!!!! Great job removing the decals on the crank.
I'm looking to get the same frameset (same size and same color) but mechanical. It's not easy because Canyon doesn't ship to my country :(

Maybe I should start a minor business shipping Canyon bikes and frames to the US and Australia :idea: Seems like there is a market for that. Are you my first customer? :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Westbank

by Westbank

khm1972 wrote:
Westbank wrote:Beautiful bike !!!!!!! Great job removing the decals on the crank.

Maybe I should start a minor business shipping Canyon bikes and frames to the US and Australia :idea: Seems like there is a market for that. Are you my first customer? :wink:

Sure ! If you don't charge too much, I'm interested ;)

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I sanded my cranks down too but it turned out a dusty grey surface, looked much better after I sprayed a layer of clear coat in it. You seemed to have made it a matte finish without clear coat, and it looks amazing! Any tips?

khm1972

by khm1972

Westbank wrote:
khm1972 wrote:

Sure ! If you don't charge too much, I'm interested ;)

You can always PM me :wink:

khm1972

by khm1972

Kayrehn wrote:I sanded my cranks down too but it turned out a dusty grey surface, looked much better after I sprayed a layer of clear coat in it. You seemed to have made it a matte finish without clear coat, and it looks amazing! Any tips?

This was the first time I did it myself, so no other cases to refer to. But after sanding of the decals/logos (which came off quite fast) the next step was to sand down this matte grey layer I believe your are talking about. I was also in doubt and afraid that I had sanded off to much of the crank, but I think you just have to keep sanding until you meet this more "shiny" carbon structure.

It really takes some time get it done.

I finished off by spraying the crank with some UV protector (Aerospace 303).

NoInterVention

by NoInterVention

That stealthified crankset fits in really well with the build. You'll have to share your and Juggler's secrets on sanding it down (edit: which I've just noticed you posted right above this. Hah, cheers)

I'll be your second customer for a Canyon delivery to North America! :D

jeffy

by jeffy

lovely bike.

re: crankset, forgive my ignorance but is it a weight or an aesthetic consideration?

personally i love the look, and from a quick look on ebay a second hand / used crankset with new strong light rings is not much more than a 6800 crank.

was the sanding down an easy job?

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Nice one!

Some Jagwire cables would be the ultimate finish!

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

Did you track individual component weights?

I'll be posting my XL with mechanical DA-9000 as soon as I have the last bits coming in!

Congrats on the amazing build!

ColnaRosa

by ColnaRosa

Damn, it looks so fast and lightweight, ultimate slx always my dream bike but... i already have two road bikes and there is no spare money for the third one...

nh09

by nh09

Great build! I'm in the market for one of these, but undecided on size L or XL. How tall are you? Also, what is your BB to saddle dimension?

Thanks.

JensW

by JensW

nice looking bike, should be toped off with a tillquist garmin mount :D http://edge-mount.bike/ritchley-wcs-4-axis/#

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pekruhnium

by pekruhnium

Hi Klaus!
What type of grit did you use when you sanded your crankset?