Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 Team Katusha (new pics-5,95kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Racing2

by Racing2

Not on the road yet, but currently working hard on my way back on track, after having an very serious crash earlier this year I'm dreaming about riding a propper bike along the curved roads of Alpine and Dolomites giants again, I don't know when or if this will be possible at all, but there is no harm in getting the perfect bike to boost moral while training indoors and to be prepared for when the day comes to conquer the monuments again.

Coming from an history of Italian bikes: Pina, Pina, Bottecchia & De Rosa, I now have my mind set on the Canyon Ultimate CF SLX, I've had a lot of time to think this over and I'm on the point of pulling the trigger on this one. I'll keep an update on the new bike in this topic, I'm interested to see as well where this will take me and what the new bike will look like.

So far I already have:

Speedplay titaniums, Arundel Mandible cages, Ax Lightness Endurance saddle, DA 9000 Stages Powermeter, Garmin Edge 500, K-Edge Garmin Mount, Ax Lightness Daedalus saddle

http://www.canyon.com/nl/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3683

We'll see what the future will bring, an new bike will get here that's for sure, but: how, what and when exactly is still to be seen.
Last edited by Racing2 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

this is among my favourites, together with the greyish-silver one... hope to see pics soon!
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

Racing2

by Racing2

My mind has been made up and my order is now in the mail :-) delivery time will be somewhere between 1 and 6 december. Pics will follow asap, I've ordered it:

- Size L, 17.5 cranks, 11-28 cassette, 52/36 chainrings.
- with an special requested 130mm 17^ negative stem from Ritchey.
- the special plane top cover for Ultimate from the Canyon shop http://www.canyon.com/en/accessories/#c ... 4&id=35557
- Sprinting shifters on the top/front of the handlebars. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... nce/304467
- I will set it up with the Stages crank and the parts mentioned earlier.

pekruhnium

by pekruhnium

Fantastic bike! I have the 2012 9,0 slx.. Great you ordered a 17 degrees stem for this bike! It's perfect!
I needed a new acros top cap, and they just send me a new one for free.. I got it after 2 days.. So great service!!

Looking forward to see the pictures 8) 8) 8)

ak47

by ak47

Haven't seen this paintjob yet... WOW! Looks great. The specs looks good and the price for the complete bike with Dura-Ace Di2, that frame and components is great. One thing I would do different is your wheel choice - I don't think Campy would fit here. Maybe you will debadge the wheels?

Racing2

by Racing2

No fear, there are some Germans wheels on the way that will suit this setup just fine :-)

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

Lightweights or AX? ;)
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

Racing2

by Racing2

I really had my mind set up on an set of Lightweigts for the new bike, but in the end I went for the AX's. The fact that they, in contrast to LW, have wider models did the trick. I've ridden multiple wide rim wheels and in combination with wider tires they are an absolute upgrade in both ride quality and cornering grip. Quite disapointed that Lightweight hasn't jumped on the wide rim wagon yet. On the other hand that was wat made me look further and after some really good feedback on AX wheels from some bike buddies of mine I decided to go for those. In the end you can't beat sub 1100 clinchers and they promese to be great going up the hills, but even better going down from them. :-)

ophiravina

by ophiravina

I realy like the components you chose, it will be a very good bike :-)

by 573

Such a good looking bike - looking forward to seeing what yours looks like with the options you've gone for - should look great.

Racing2

by Racing2

ak47 wrote:Haven't seen this paintjob yet... WOW! Looks great. The specs looks good and the price for the complete bike with Dura-Ace Di2, that frame and components is great.

Thanks and take note that they will also include an 400,00 euro discount for the package if you're an licenced rider. :D

http://www.canyon.com/nl/service/sponsoring.html

Racing2

by Racing2

Project on the move...Ax Lightness Daedalus 3k 27.2-320 123 gram.

With decals:
Without them:

Racing2

by Racing2

Just got my new wheels in, 1084 gram including rim tape on the scale, but I presume that the 1050 gram (+/- 5%) they catalog these beauties under is measured without the tape which would bring them on 1040 gram for the set. No bad for an set of 28mm high and 26mm wide pair of clinchers :-)

Racing2

by Racing2

The CF SLX has an delay, it should have been delivered this week, but instead it will now come at the first half of januari. Since I needed an good training bike as well I bought an Ultimate AL SLX which is already here.

I have my stuff laying around for my CF SLX to get here in januari and since I had to build the AL up from the box anyway I thought:"Ah hell why not.." and see what I could squeeze out of it:

- Ax Lightness Ultra clinchers with Dura Ace 11-23 cassette.
- Lighther handlebar tape
- Ax Lightness Endurance saddle.
- Ax Lightness Daedalus seatpost.
- Speedplay Zero Titanium

This made it 6.75kg, even could have gone somewhat lighter than that (other: bottlecage, tyre, spacers cut, different top cover, chain etc. etc.) but having it breaking the 6.8 barrier was good enough.

This is how it looks right now:

Original saddle and seatpost, 3T wheels, Speedplay Zero stainless pedals, two bottlecages instead of one and it's now 7,9 kg. It will soon get an makeover with the Black saddle and carbon seatpost from the CF SLX and some fine tuning at the Canyon Service Centre along with it's SLX brother in januari as the stems will get slammed (spacers removed, Ritchey 4-Axis 44 17^ negative stems and the Across i top covers will get replaced by the special plane top covers for Ultimate) I'll end up with: one 'perfect bike' and one 'good enough bike' that have near simular geometry numbers, what more can you want :-)

I'm very happy with this, Im the past I always had the very first world 'problem' of having one 'Perfect bike' and having one 'very very good bike'... when the weather was bad it still always felt pretty bad when taking the 'very very good bike' out on the road. Now I have a solid bike for circuit racing and bad weather days and one very special bike for sunny training rides and trips to the Alps and Dolomites.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Looks great :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com