And Record seatpost :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michel2

by michel2

Well,... See,...
The boss was allright with me spending 400 bucks on a frame, not sure if my request for 2500 dollar wheelset will be honoured the same way (;

majklnajt

by majklnajt

You can buy LW Gen.1 or Gen.2 for less, about 1500 $ ;)

michel2

by michel2

After making sure all the bolts are tight and the derailleurs are working correctly its time for her maiden voyage !
Stop talking about those lightweights please ive been trying to abandon those thoughts for years now !
What it really needs are silver nokon cables, pretty sure the team was ridding them at the time, for the live of me cant find me scale but she would around 8 kilos as is, mind you i couldnt care less with this puppy !(;

kgt

by kgt

It's a beauty as it is, no doubt.
Last edited by kgt on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Permon

by Permon

What about the ride? Your impression?

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. I have a 2002 Pinarello Prince SL proto campaigned by Andreas Klier that I had forgotten about until I saw this. Great bike. Enjoy it!

Timo

by Timo

michel2 wrote: just like 'der jan' used to have,

If you want it "Der Jan" style, getting those custom brake levers will be a pain in the...

BTW, note black Nokons ;)
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

michel2

by michel2

i only had to rides roughly 170 all up but my break is done and got to back to work.
both days have been very windy, both rides where flat with the occasional hill or bridge (-:
my other bikes and i suposse my reference material are a 08 collage extreme power and a late 90isch eddy merckx mx leader.

the first thing i noticed was the different geometry it felt that that the pina wanted to go straight ahead more than anything, nothing to noticeable but just different from my other rides, the wheel base of the pina is about 4 mm longer than the colnago tho it has a shorter top tube, i dare say it might have a different (more relaxed) head angle, but nothing to crazy, this went unnoticed in the second ride.
the biggest difference is comfort, just all round the pina seems so much softer for a better word than the colnago even tho i stuck a 22 mm tire on the back oppose the normal 25 i run.i just seems like it had less sharp edges compared to the colnago, it seemed even nicer than the merckx.in the dutch language i really think heerlijke fits would hit it on the head.
when it comes to climbing or sprinting i would dare say this was best done seated, yet again the colnago is, or at least feels stiffer, it really has that sting of a proper racing bike. the pina is not a noodle by any stretch of the imagination, i think this might be where it shows its age, the frame is 11 years old, came in at 1560 grams in a big size 62-58 cm st-st, one would like to think some development has taking place in those years and i think this is the biggest difference between the two frames, i won't notice the 400 grams in weight but i do notice a slightly more forgiving bb area perhaps, mind you i gladly take the increase of comfort that it gives you in stead.
all in all i think I'm gonna ride this bike a lot more than i thought i would, i bought it because i wanted one ever since the team was ridding these puppies,obviously as a jan fan its ironic he rode for coast bianchi in 2003 but we don't need to talk about that ! (-:
i think it would take do the job of my merckx as a comfort racing bike, if i had to ditch one of them (but i won't !)
i would put the colnago on a diet and make it a lightweightisch hill climber and set the pina up for long and happy base kay's.
all in all it made me one happy camper !
thanks

stormp

by stormp

Amazing! Simply amazing - my boyhood Dream as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michel2

by michel2

Thanks for your kind words

LionelB

by LionelB

Cool bike. My size too ;-)

Willier

by Willier

Proper set-up (slamed stem); looks like a bike riden by 00`s pro :thumbup: :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com