Wilier Zero7

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Doyler

by Doyler

Now if I could just figure out how to remove the red paint from the carbon bars then I would be sorted. I hate them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

highpowernut

by highpowernut

Nice ride, I suppose it'll ride nice
Using Tapatalk

Doyler

by Doyler

6.47/8kg with the removal of a few decals on wheels, stem and bottle cages.

Pic not great quality but I prefer the darker look on the stem. I do have a lighter no-name stem but the cap doesn't go well with the white front of the 3T bars.

I can't see it getting any lighter than that and that is with my race wheels which I won't be using on training rides.

Attachments
zero7 no decal on stem.jpg

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nice! Ride review?

tinytree

by tinytree

looks great "de-decaled" too!

Doyler

by Doyler

Not had a chance to ride it properly yet. Life is very much getting in the way at the moment.

Doyler

by Doyler

Finally I got out for an all too brief 30km. It definitely feels different to my other machines (Wilier Cento Uno 2012, Cervelo R3). It is more racier than both. I'm not sure how to describe the front end... light? lively? sketchy? noodly? Certainly different. The back end feels fairly firmly planted. Really the spin was far too short to get a lasting impression. Anyway, I love the look of it and I am going to enjoy cycling it.

kgt

by kgt

Comfort and stiffness in relation to cento uno?

victaras

by victaras

Looks much better without decals! :)
Raleigh Militis Race/ Campy Record/ Boras 6915g

Doyler

by Doyler

kgt wrote:Comfort and stiffness in relation to cento uno?

Too early to give a proper assessment I think. That said, the Cento Uno was a very comfortable bike and I loved it. Sadly, it got destroyed.

Doyler

by Doyler

Got out on it again for another hour today. I wasn't lying when I said time was limited (not by choice). It climbs well. When out of the saddle sprinting hard up a steep hill the back wheel was slipping. That may be due to the tyres that I have: Conti sprinters (tubs) which have barely been used. It is seriously light. Still feels noodly on the front end. I need to get a longer ride to really learn the feel of the bike.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Beautiful! I'm sure you'll get the fit dialed in soon enough.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

RM27

by RM27

Doyler wrote:Got out on it again for another hour today. I wasn't lying when I said time was limited (not by choice). It climbs well. When out of the saddle sprinting hard up a steep hill the back wheel was slipping. That may be due to the tyres that I have: Conti sprinters (tubs) which have barely been used. It is seriously light. Still feels noodly on the front end.

I recently built up a new Zero 7 as well. I swithced from last years model and also ride a Dogma (60.1 version) so I definalelty know what a stiff/planted front feels like. I wouldn't call the new Zero 7 Noodly. I would say somewhat twitchy and very sharp steering in regard to fast twisty down hill sections. I can tell you I am used to it already and no longer find it twitchy at all and I only have about 150 miles logged so far. I think once you get used to it you will love the handeling.

Yours looks great. Mine is built up with Record 11 and Corima Viva MCC wheels.

Doyler

by Doyler

Thanks, I was hesitant to use "noodly" as I couldn't quite nail down the feeling. Weather permitting I'll take it out this weekend but it's looking to be pretty crappy here so it's likely to be some CX training instead. It is the season for it after all :)

Got any snaps of your build?

Note to self: buy awesome new road frames in spring and not at the end of autumn.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doyler

by Doyler

I finally had it out for a good 100km at the weekend. I still find it really spongy, or maybe just light at the front end. It's really not confidence inspiring. Maybe I will get used to it, but at the moment I feel like a giraffe on rollerskates and I'm cornering like a fifty pence piece. I used to pride myself on being able to corner pretty well.

Interested in the experience of others.