Custom steel 'Old Faithful' build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Not much progress since the last update. The seat stays have been brazed in place, but otherwise the build has came to a halt, pending new parts to arrive.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Kamil sent me some pictures of the seat post plug he built for the frame. I must say I am very impressed by it. It uses Thomson seat rail clamps, which should make it really easy to set up.

With the seat post ready, the frame is one (important) step closer to completion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

That is so cool. I did something like that but with adjustability on my English Frame. It is able to slide inside the frame with an expander wedge but gives me 20mm of height adjustability. Different shoes, cranks, pedals so I wanted some adjustability.

There is a small lip inside the seat tube so the mini post can sit on and we did spacers to look after the 20mm of adjustment. 5mm, 10mm and a few smaller ones. This allowed us to run the rear brake cable straight out the back. I just wrapped some black electrical tape around the joint to keep crap out.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

@BmanX: The adjustability of your English Cycles' seatpost concept is definitely a big plus over the setup on my frame. That said, I really liked the idea of going fully integrated with the seatpost. That is why I choose to go with the steel mast topper instead of for example an FSA SL-K mast topper, which is fairly similar to your setup. Love the cable guides on your frame by the way.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Parts for the fork and some other bits and pieces like the brake bridge have come in. The fork blades in particular look very nice.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Here are some shots of the groupset that came off the Colnago. Not sure yet if the Cinelli RAM bars will look nice on the frame. Otherwise I am very happy with the groupset.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

First of all, happy new year every one!

What better way to start off 2015 with some updated pics of my future Kajak Custom frame!

The seat and chain stay bridges are in place and so is the additional tube. The fork is also nearing completion. All that remains now are the cable guides and the FD-mount.