Genesis Equilibrium Ti disc 60cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Got this a few days ago. I have some serious plans for it. Frame 60cm weight 1.67kg. Fork a bit heavy at 760g and headset I can't remember. I have a Record 10 speed groupset to go on it, square taper carbon cranks e.t.c just got to strip the race bike for that kit.

Other kit will deda Superlegarro stem, bars and seat post. Saddle will be Selle Italia Flite flow. Wheels have yet to be built but will use the Velocity Aileron rim and Novatec hubs in 24 drilling. Tyre will be challange bianca strada 30mm so I can go anywhere. Brakes will be Tektro Hy-Rd. Weight should be around 8kg just. It will be a bike for all seasons and I am expecting it be a right hoot to ride. I have checked there is clearance for the tyres and there is. They come up at 31mm on these wide rims.
Attachments
Equilibrium Ti.jpg

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Some progess. Velocity Aileron rim laced to Novatec D772 hub with CX-ray spokes 24H. Challange strada 30mm tyre with vittoria latex tube fitted. Given the bike will equipment with Campagnolo drivetrain and other italian components, I have used green silver and red alloy nipples. A bit kitch I know but I like it. Weight of wheel with rim tape tyre, tube and novatec Q/R is 1369g. The rear wheel bare was 832g I think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pushstart

by pushstart

Nice! -- How was building up the Aileron rim? That weight sounds really good, expected that rim to be heavier.

Oh, also, there are two options that I know of for full-carbon, non-tapered cx forks: Spot and Ritchey. I have the Spot now on my ti CX bike; it is nice (and light), but I don't love it aesthetically -- wide crown seems like it was designed for integrated headset frame or something, so feels a bit mismatched.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The aileron rim is 450g so light for its wdith and depth. The fork I am not keen on, mismatched as you say and quite heavy. I will probably change the fork but that more cost.

pushstart

by pushstart

Oh, I meant that my (Spot) fork felt mismatched. The one on that frame looks nice, but obviously heavy. I am sure the Richey would look great, if you are OK with not having fender eyelets.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I am still not keen on the fork but I want fender eyelets no more progress yet, but I fit some more bits next week. No rush I only need it ready by April for the PR course.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Let us know about the tyres. Do they fit under short reach calipers? Probably not a whole lot of spare clearance?

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I tried fitting them to my old Trek 2300. They cleared the framed but fouled the veloce calipers. I fit them to my other bike with long reach caliper but they are impossible to get onto Pacenti SL23 rims. They were very hard to mount on archetype rims, the only rim so far I use that they fit well to is the aileron, so that settled me building a disc brake bike.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Some progress. Front wheel built 24 spoke again like the rear but is 732g. So far with a miche 11 speed supertype cassette (132g) Deda Superleggera stem, bars and seatpost, Tektro Hy/RD brake, tektro 160mm rotors and steel bolts it weighs 6.63 kg. The bike will get Super Record RS and the Comp ultra over torque chainset.

Pleanty of scope for reducing weight here lots of steel bolts to replaced with Ti for starters. Lighter rotors are available (Shimano XT for example) and I might yet fit these. Latex tubes have been used.

So more Ti bolt purchase I think are next before I do anything else and fit some XT ice tech rotors.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Pics still partially built busy doing other stuff and I only need this ready for April PR sportive.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Finished, I leveled the saddle out after tkaing the photo's braking is excellent very progressive. I ended up putting Campagolo Record 10 speed on it inlcuding pedals and seat post. Italian flag in the wheels. Weight 9 kg as it is. Still got to fit the XT rotors, Ti bolt buy a ritchey fork, I may even fit schwable one tubeless tyres. With all that at least 0.5kg will be shed maybe more.
Spec:
60cm Genesis Ti equilibrium disc frame and fork
FSA headset (1 1/8" external cup)
24H velocity Aileron rims
24H Novatec D711/D712 hubs
Sapim CX-ray spokes/alloy nipples
Challange strada tyres 30mm
Vittoria latex inner tubes.
Campagnolo record seat post - carbon 1 st gen
Selle Italia Flite flow saddle
Campagnolo Record square taper chainset
Tifosi BB
Campagnolo record Ti front and rear mechs
Campagnolo Record 10 speed titanium cassette and lockring
Campagnolo record chain
Campagnolo Record QS 10 speed ergo's
Jagwire compressionless cableset
Tektro HY-RD 160mm brake caliper/rotors
Deda Superleggera stem and handlebars
Cinelli Cork tape

Aikon

by Aikon

Nice, I've ordered a stock 56 for a winter/audax/touring bike but will be shedding the bar, stem & pin for lighter ones plus building some light summer wheels.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Let us know the weight of the stock bike please. I wonder how it compares.

Aikon

by Aikon

Will do, how does it ride?

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Don't know yet as I have only taken it down the post office and the braking was great. 1 mile so far. I was MTB racing today I try it out next sunday on my 100 miles training loop. I can't try it in the week as my wife would see it and she still thinks I have 6 bikes (I have 10).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com