Genesis Equilibrium Ti disc 60cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Aikon

by Aikon

Brilliant! I've just ordered an Asgard 6 bike metal shed to house the growing fleet.

I've had a Kinesis Gran Fondo V2 this year and found it a little harsh for ti, plus the brakes weren't brilliant, I ended up putting TRP calipers and Ultegra cartridge pads on it but still found they were prone to fade on high speed descents, it also suffered from a bit of a speed wobble around 40 mph, it disappeared above that though!

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

bm0p700f wrote:she still thinks I have 6 bikes (I have 10).

How many times can you pull the "I'm just testing the build for this customer" line?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Beautiful bike!

juanacity

by juanacity

Oh boy-that frame, those rims and those tires should make for a plush ride. Nice build!

I would never exchange those tires for the Schwalbe Ones, but I probably have a slightly irrational dislike of Schwalbe tires. I don't have any personal experience with them, but if you really want to go to a large tubeless, have you considered the Hutchinson Secteurs?

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I'll stick with the challange tyres as the ride will be lush, it was for a 1 mile post office trip I did on it on friday. Unless of course they prove puncture prone.

How many time can I get anyway with "testing a bike for a customer" well as many times as I can before divorce. She knows I love bikes and nothing she says will ever change that.

Aikon

by Aikon

Factory weight for the 56cm stock build excluding reflectors, bell & pedals is 9.7kgs, purchased already for weight savings are WCS bar, stem, seatpin, Paradigm saddle, latex tubes & XTR M985 calipers so I can skip the IS mount adaptors (partly for aesthetics), I've also ordered some Ksyrium Pro disc wheels for the summer to be shod with GP4000s II's, I'll add a thread with images & new weight once I've done these upgrades.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

'Flite Saddle Syndrome'

Had my original-version fitted for over two decades. However, condition recently cured by a Prologo Scratch Pro.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

9.7kg, well the weight of mine is not so bad then. Mavic 20H disc brake wheels are they mad also radial lacing on the DS of a rear disc brake wheel is just silly. The marketing burb that this improve tension balance maybe true but the improvement is small (around 20 -30 N extra tension on the NDS) and it comes at the expense of low torsional stiffness which should be maximised on a disc brake wheel. The 24H wheels I built I feel are a bit riske but they are my wheels and I won't brake much.

Also Pacenti SL25 rims 28H (sensible) on DT Swiss 240 hubs with sapim laser spokes (or CX-rays) will cost you less than the mavics and weigh slightly less. A bonus would be they have more spokes so they should be more reliable. Even the wheels I built are 1630g with 440g hub pair. Fine kit you have picked buy go custom on the wheels.

Aikon

by Aikon

I did question the lacing logic on the Mavic, I built the current winter rim brake wheels which are Ultegra 32h hubs with SL23's, Sapim race 3x drive side & laser 2x everywhere else & alloy nipples. They come in at 1600g, they built well & have remained true through 5000 odd miles including JoGLE & cycling back to the UK from Germany with a fair helping of cycle paths & light trails. I hadn't spotted the SL25, would look nice with black spokes & hubs, plus fulfill my long distance ride criteria of being easily repaired at a regular shop, cheers for pointing these out.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

you do know that 2x NDS rear on a 32 spoke wheels confers no advantage unless you like the look. Glad I can point you to a better wheel. Also consider the Shimano CX-75 28H hubs and White Industries disc brake hubs. Novatec D771/d772 are pretty cheap in comparion to DT's or WI's and are quite reliable.

Aikon

by Aikon

Yeah, I did it for looks alone, just like I used to build snowflake patterns for people in the 90's!