2015 S-Works Epic World Cup (10,242g)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Rich, I'm with you on the head tube angle being just a touch steep. I have a '14 S-works World Cup I built up from a frameset as well.

It steers great, but I've noticed the front end sometimes get hung up at lower speeds when hitting bigger rocks, if I'm not paying close attention to unweighting the front wheel. A bit slacker HTA would help this.

I ended up swapping in a 100mm Fox Terralogic fork a few weeks after getting the bike. But, since Fox has a lower A-C measurement than RS, the increase in travel means I'm basically back where I started. I'm really considering putting a 120mm Fox Terralogic on there for this season. It would slacken the head tube angle out about 1deg and raise the pedals a few mm. I think both of those things would be beneficial. I'm constantly ramming my pedals into rocks with this bike. You get used to it... but it's still annoying.

xchristianmira

by xchristianmira

I have a 2015 Medium frame s-works epic WC, and I will use XX1 drivetrain. Can you tell me the q-factor you are using for crankset? 156? 168? Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xchristianmira

by xchristianmira

This one works
SRAM XX1 BB30 175mm Q-168 Mountain Bike Crank Set 1x 11 Speed 76 BCD PF30 Carbon

Rich_W

by Rich_W

4 years on this thing and I still can't find an excuse to put her to pasture as she's still completely dialed in. Still fast and carves like a knife. Lots of changes since the original post.

Currently setup with heavy tires for the softer conditions. Maxxis Icon (630g)/Ardent (760g). Will switch to Racing Ralph 2.1s as the high sand content soil local singletrack here hardens up nice during winter.

Aliante R1 Open, -17° WCS 9cm stem, Wolf Tooth Oval 32T Ring, KMC x11sl Chain. Sram 2-piece rotors. Brain Shock and Fork both recently serviced/rebuilt by Spec.

Custom XC Wheelset 1340g. Rims from light bicycle (330g each), novatec hubs, hybrid ceramic bearings, sapim cx rays, sapim double square lock nipples. Extralite front thru axle

22.58 lbs / 10,242g

scant

by scant

pretty rare to see tanwall tyres on MTBs these days, but they still look cool. killer bike too :)

Rich_W

by Rich_W

If you're ever in New Jersey, you gotta hit Allaire and the surrounding trail sprawl...