EVO rider from North Carolina (pics working now)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Even though I have been registered on this forum for quite some time, and I have numerous bikes posted from years ago. I have recently returned to cycling after a two year hiatus, the result of work and illness. I am back with a new (well new since 2013) Cannondale Evo Ultegra Di2. It is not as weight weenie in its normal getup. I have climbing wheels that drop about 600g of weight over the 60mm wheels I normally ride. So the specs are Ultegra 6770 10-speed Di2 with upgraded SM-EW90-B 5 port Junction B. Power2Max Type-S powermeter on Cannondale SI cranks with Praxis 50-36 forged chainrings. Chinese 60mm tubular wheels with Continental Sprinter Gatorskin 700C x 22mm Tires. Garmin Edge 800 w/Barfly 2.0. Prologo Zero II Pas NACK saddle on top of a Thomson Masterpiece seatpost. There are a few other changes from a stock Dale but they are small. Total weight as pictured is 7.56 Kg.

I am thinking of changing the saddle for same one in white, the red accents will likely be recolored in blue. Also the Garmin Speed and Cadence Sensor is going to be swapped out for the new magnetless Speed Sensor.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

cl9k24la wrote:This thread is useless without pics

So you can't see the pics?

Had to change sharing on OneDrive, should be visible now.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

i like the blue accents
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

tinytree

by tinytree

nice bike! i'm in n.c. too!

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

Your bikes set up looks odd, but then again who am I to judge.... As long as you get enjoyment from it.

rijndael

by rijndael

I also like the blue accents. And it's nice to see a PM on there too.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

cl9k24la wrote:Your bikes set up looks odd, but then again who am I to judge.... As long as you get enjoyment from it.

The picture looks odd to me too, I think it is the way the saddle looks, it really is level, just doesn't look like it is.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Good to have you back, Waldo! Great bike as well.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

rijndael

by rijndael

Look at the lines in the garage door seam, there's more visible on one side than the other, that's contributing to the saddle level perception issues.

Whenever you take a pic of something against the wall (with things running horizontal), you have to shoot it perpendicular to the wall, perfectly perpendicular, or somethings won't look level when other things are level.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

rijndael wrote:I also like the blue accents. And it's nice to see a PM on there too.

I didn't want to overdue the blue or white for that matter. These are my last set of Reynolds blue carbon pads, I have two unopened sets of SwissStop Black Prince pads that will replace them. The Reynolds have been great, with no scary issues even when wet. I just wanted to try the SwissStops and I got them in a trade.

rijndael wrote:Look at the lines in the garage door seam, there's more visible on one side than the other, that's contributing to the saddle level perception issues.
Whenever you take a pic of something against the wall (with things running horizontal), you have to shoot it perpendicular to the wall, perfectly perpendicular, or somethings won't look level when other things are level.

Yep, knew these things, also whenever possible you should place the camera at the same level of the bike or sometimes at a lower angle, rather than from above, unless you are looking for a specific look.

Besides my garage door is not 100% level, there is probably a 1° slope up from left to right, and never really fixed it in the 11 years we have lived at this house. Usually just rotate the image in Lightroom to get the door to look level, as that is more distracting than the saddle angle. Anyway I will take a few more images tomorrow as I just got this saddle today.
New saddle, will be modding it to change the red accent in the front to blue. Duplicolor Vinyl paint works wonders and lasts if properly applied.
New saddle, will be modding it to change the red accent in the front to blue. Duplicolor Vinyl paint works wonders and lasts if properly applied.
I also have a white 4-Axis 44 stem in my spare parts box, but fear it would be too much. I am likely going to change stems anyway to a C260 or some other stiffer stem.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Frankie - B wrote:Good to have you back, Waldo! Great bike as well.

It feels so good to be back, thank you.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

beautiful bike. however, it looks a couple sizes at least too big, just based on your saddle height alone.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

mike wrote:beautiful bike. however, it looks a couple sizes at least too big, just based on your saddle height alone.

Nope, saddle was at the incorrect height when the picture was taken, and because of reach and lack of flexibility (I am an old codger). The perfect size is usually a 55/56cm, this is a 56cm. I am not into the fad of riding too small a bike and making it fit. Do not see any performance benefits that can outweigh all the part swapping and discomfort too small a bike brings with it. I have ridden a 54cm and the geometry is just not right, too much handlebar drop (I know I could use a shallow drop bar and flip the stem up, but I am not interested). Too short a top tube, already use an 11cm stem, would have to go to a 11.5 or 12cm to make a 54cm work. I couldn't even begin to imagine what I would have to do to a 52cm, as you have suggested it might be two sizes too big. I have been riding mid to high end bicycles for just about 35 years, I think I might know a thing or two about what fits and what doesn't.

As soon as I have my new saddle on, I will retake a picture or two with everything in the correct place. Probably not tomorrow as it is supposed to rain all day.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Saddle is painted and on the bike, also now at the correct height. Decided to add the Park Tools Road Positioning Chart to show how it is set up.
Park Tool Road Position Chart
Park Tool Road Position Chart

Waiting on Garmin Magnetless Speed Sensor 010-12103-00, should be here tomorrow. Now I can get rid of the GSC-10.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com