My Jamis Xenith SL pro race bike.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

They are awesome bikes. Super light, actually lighter than last years frame and they are super stiff for sprinting, not that I can sprint at 133 pounds, but the big fellas have no problem.

So the rear brakes: We run Shimano wheels and I think they are all the same so we have problems with the width. I am not sure about the front fork and brake, they mechanics said "we are running these b/c they are better for wheel changes." So we use them. I think maybe cuz you can release the front brake at a more micro level, perhaps.

I think you can fit a 25 in the back at most. I will look tomorrow.

I have a 110 stem and a zero degree post, I think my body is used to the forward position from my triathlon days. I have very long femurs and short arms.

The seat clamp is actually round underneath that aero looking part. That is just too look smooth where it meets the frame but it is a normal round clamp that you could replace if you needed too. I do not know the diameter.

And the number plate....well this was my race bike and I just left it on for the hell of it. Ill take it off soon. And I'm training on it now so I put the pump on...cuz pros ride with pumps.

Its a great bike. It goes up hill fast I can say that for sure.

maggierose wrote:Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you took Peel Diamond's book to heart.

I have been looking at this frame lately. I like that Jamis supports domestic racing every year.

I am curious about the brake situation; too bad you aren't sponsored by a "wide rim" company. If you had a 23-25mm rim the brakes wouldn't need to be opened to change the front, assuming your team car gave you a spare. But who can complain about DA hubs? Questions:

Do you usually receive wheel changes from neutral support, team car, or other?
What length stem are you running?
What's the largest rear tire you can squeeze in the rear?
What's the deal with the seat-post clamp - is it just a funny shape?

And finally... number plates and hand pump?

Cheers!

KWalker

by KWalker

What is your seat height, setback, and inseam?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

Seat height is 76 cm from center of bb to top of saddle, the Seat back is not much. Its a zero degree post and I've always run those. And my inseam is 34 inches. And I am 5' 7.5"
Its a tall seat for sure but it fits right.

KWalker wrote:What is your seat height, setback, and inseam?

Krull

by Krull

just regarded the xenith`s geometry and noticed the uniform-seat-angle of 73° throughout all sizes. quite flat, related to smaller frame-sizes.
maybe, this contributes making a setback-post redundant for several users.
regards

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Hey, Matt. Greg here.
I thought you're retiring. What are you training for? Or are you just not taking retirement very seriously yet?

dolophonic

by dolophonic

nice bike

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

Greg, sorry I just saw this. I am totally not training. I barely ride at all. I will at some point but man I am sick of it. I'm getting in the gym a lot. "Beef cake!"

I would keep racing but this sport at the highest level is so f_ed. I just couldn't take it anymore.