Custom Stainless Steel - Saffron Frameworks/Super Record

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

campbellrae

by campbellrae

The paint is by Fat Creations, their Facebook page is linked in an earlier post(on my phone so can't copy a new link here!). It was cromaworks who did the paint on the Cyclefit bike that inspired this paint scheme though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

bontie wrote:Valbrona, why would you say that?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe steels like XCR and 953 are intended to be joined by welding. A traditional framebuilder may only be set up for joining by brazing, however. The brazed frame will be a little heavier. I guess this is where Valbrona is coming from.

Whatever, the frame looks beautiful. I wince at mixing the Shimano chain and cassette into the Campag drivetrain though, even if it works.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Picked up the wheels yesterday, came in under the claimed weight to my surprise. Front was 502g, the rear 702g, so 1204g a pair compared with 1215g claimed. Will try to remember to post some pics when I get home.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Looking good. Get this thing built!

Going with white saddle and tape?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

campbellrae

by campbellrae

It will be getting built next Friday (November 28th), just waiting on the groupset now.

The plan is for a white saddle and tape, but the saddle isn't due till late December so the initial build will be with my black Bontrager Paradigm that I use on my Cr1.

Can't wait to build it!

bontie

by bontie

Matthew’s work is absolutely brilliant and I am happy to see a Saffron with an offset seatpost. (*wink* Cyclefit)

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Finally got a pic of the wheels, sorry for the terrible quality, it's from my phone. Matthew is going to do a proper shoot of the final build for his website, so I'm hoping I can borrow those pictures and upload them here! I will be building it this Friday(28th of November), so not long now!

I'm not entirely sure if the pale sidewalls on the FMB's will look right on this build, they are a lot paler than the sidewalls on my Veloflex tyres(Roubaix and Criterium), but I'm hopeful!

MARLON

by MARLON

Like Those tan wallS more than flex, challenge & co
BACK IN BLACK

michel2

by michel2

first of , con grates on a beauty full bike, stunning !
secondly.. its crazy, i went for a ride today came past an independent truck work shop and they had a brand new ken worth prime mover outside the workshop with lots of stainless steel,still covered in plastic and painted in roughly the same metallic blue as yours, I'm currently thinking of building an a frame with ova rear stays and i thought it would look wicked to have a metallic blue frame with polished stay's....not a word of a lie (-:

JackDaniels

by JackDaniels

campbellrae wrote:I'm not entirely sure if the pale sidewalls on the FMB's will look right on this build, they are a lot paler than the sidewalls on my Veloflex tyres(Roubaix and Criterium), but I'm hopeful!

They do not. Don't ruin that bike with those ugly tires. Get some black tires.

MARLON

by MARLON

JackDaniels wrote:
campbellrae wrote:I'm not entirely sure if the pale sidewalls on the FMB's will look right on this build, they are a lot paler than the sidewalls on my Veloflex tyres(Roubaix and Criterium), but I'm hopeful!

They do not. Don't ruin that bike with those ugly tires. Get some black tires.

Dont Drink too much Jacky
BACK IN BLACK

KB

by KB

I think they'll look great with tan sidewalls on a build like that with paint on. Great build so far. Looking forward to the completed bike.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

So I finally got the bike built up on Friday! So here are the first couple of pictures but my phone camera really sucks, so I'm waiting on the good ones that Matthew is going to use on his website, so once I get those I will post them too. Need to take her for a shakedown ride soon, but the weather isn't great at the moment so I will have to wait!

I'm still waiting for the white saddle to come through, and I will get a different seat clamp too, hopefully a thinner one, either in black or in silver. Other than that, I think I'm pretty much done. Might switch to black bar tape, but I'll decide on that once I get the new saddle.

If you want to see any specific details let me know, but there should be loads of good photos once I get the email from Matthew.

bontie

by bontie

I love Saffrons work, are you still going to tinker with setup?

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I think the set up is pretty much there, maybe a couple of mm on the saddle height. I'll know more when I ride it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com